Hardspace: Shipbreaker, blue collar space sim about salvage

My body and all of its LYNX-generated clones are ready.

I don’t buy games in early access, but I’m very excited to finally dig into this soon. All the reviews posted here so far make it sound like a game I’d really enjoy - a more sort of meditative experience with some progression and skill.

I wonder how much the game is planned to change between now and release? Maybe given the hard release date being imminent I should pick this up now?

Very excited for the full release here! I enjoyed the experience at launch, but it definitely needed some more meat on the meta-progression bones.

I have had a great time with this game all the way through. Even early on it was mostly missing content rather than filled with jank.

I’ve left it for a bit now so it’ll have some freshness when I go back to it at launch, but I’m already at 121 hours played and have really enjoyed it.

So this is set in the Homeworld universe? That was never confirmed by anyone upthread.

Can I play the homeworld soundtrack in the background?

I think this game has cemented my “don’t play early access” policy. I should be excited about the release but I’m not going to work through the early game progression for a fourth time.

I’d recommend it. It’s a solid game and been stable for a long time now. I stopped playing back in July because I wanted to hold off for full release, but I still have 145 hours in it.

Also keep in mind it will be on Game Pass on Day One of the release. I forget if you’re on game pass already espresso.

Can’t be. You’re in earth orbit.

I’m not yet. I have this fantasy that I’ll get through my backlog then subscribe.

Stop laughing.

Already managed to blow up my first fuel tank.

This might sound like a silly question, but how difficult is this game? Does it take serious concentration, or after you start to learn the systems is it more of a meditative game?

Mostly meditative, though mistakes can be pretty costly as progression continues. That said, there’s no actual cost to it, just more debt to dig out of, so if things go boom (and they will), don’t worry about it. Watch the pretty explosions and go start a new ship.

It’s a rescue mission, you’ll love it!

I’d definitely call it more of a meditative/zen game. Except for ghost ships…those are a bit more stressful. But if you dont want to play a ghost ship, just can just choose another ship to do instead.

The ship is a giant puzzle - and it’s so satisfying to pull the right threads and watch the whole thing come apart like you planned…*except those times when it doesn’t and its like BOOOOM, and you realized you didn’t notice that that compartment with the fuel tanks was pressurized…

Thoughts on controller vs mouse/keyboard for this one?

To add to what was mentioned, there’s a difficultly level that removes the time limit making it even more chill. Plus there’s a mode where you can just practice taking ships apart freely separate from the campaign progression. It’s a very peaceful non-twitch game, until you blow yourself up at least.

I’d recommend mouse definitely. Controller is fine for moving around but there are moments you need precision aiming of your cutter at speed.

It’s much easier with the mouse. By turning O2 drain and time limit off, it is very slowly paced. You can plan your approach.