Hardspace: Shipbreaker, blue collar space sim about salvage

I know it will be in EA a long time, but I really felt like supporting this one.

Yeah it looks pretty awesome, I almost bought it until I saw the note about UI scaling coming in a future patch. I will probably still buy it anyway, I have notoriously poor self control. :)

A coop mode with huge ass ships like military cruisers, with people working on different spots a bit like in real life, would be cool.

Having watched Scott’s video, I’m definitely waiting for this to come out of EA, or at least be feature complete. Looks cool, but very clearly unfinished and I don’t want to burn the first impression on an incomplete experiene.

I hope this come out on consoles. It looks like a chill “kind of puzzle but cooler” game that I want to play.

It is coming to Xbox and Playstation, some time in the future. And maybe VR after that.

Yeah, Xbox specifically has a trailer for it on their YouTube page in the last week or so. Doesn’t say whether it’s coming to the Game Preview program, though, which I would kind of assume based on the talk in this thread?

Non rebindable controls feels like a particularly bad idea for this game. Frustrating. Who the hell puts roll on R3 / L3 ??

Yeah, it’s a bit greenish right now. Arbitrary resolutions and rebindable controls are coming in the first update, from what I understand.

Awesome! Cheers! Digging zero G :)

I’m sure this is something that will be added. Just a question of when. I also imagine they would change the default scheme if people wanted until keys can be rebound.

@Ginger_Yellow what about it looked unfinished?

Going on what Scott said, few ship models, mechanisms yet to be implemented, campaign not finished. Looking at the roadmap:

That’s not the sort of game state I buy into.

Ah, gotcha. I will say that of the little bit I’ve played, while the tutorial could perhaps be fleshed out even more, it feels good to play. The content they have working seems relatively polished. They appear to have a solid foundation to work from.

I’m sure they do. But I tend to play games for a while, and then drop them, rarely to go back.I’d like that first time to be its best time.

I’m usually the same way, so I can certainly understand that perspective.

Did I learn from yesterday’s calamity?

[Streamable]

That’s one way to get to the reactor.

Well done sir. Well done.

The best bit is the back of the ship snapped off, rotated and then wedged against the back wall of the dock, so it acted like a shield to the reactor, so I could go back and still salvage it.

I guess that’s the second best bit. The best bit would be no nuclear explosion.

Something I learned today that I don’t recall seeing in the tutorial - if you’re grappled to something, pressing the right mouse button will reel you in to it. This enables you to cover gaps much faster - if, for example, you didn’t pay attention to your oxygen meter and need to get back to Jack in a hurry.

In related news, don’t neglect the “brakes” update for your suit. You can use your face as a brake, but only once because the second time the helmet visor breaks and you get to make the Total Recall face.