Harry Potter 5, anyone pre-ordering?

I have a feeling its going to suck, majorly…

Read the 1st three and could not take the lack of decapitations and whores in my fantasy literature. My wife, however, has pre-ordered. Does that mean I have to change my vote?

I have read them all and they are fun reads. I will buy this in hardcover and justify it by saying that later when I have children they will appreciate it :wink:

I will be at a bookstore with my nearly 10 year old son to buy it at midnight when it’s released.

I’ve heard there’s one local bookstore that’s doing some invitation-only event for it, but I assume other stores will be happy to have anyone there.

I’ve read the first 2 books, but my son has read all 4 so far many times each. I honestly expect him to read #5 cover to cover before sleeping as soon as we get it.

I have preordered, but might go to a bookstore the night before release anyway just to dress up like a Slytherin and scare little children (or more likely, their parents). I will then speedread it in a few hours - my poor husband will vainly try to sleep while I shriek “Ooh, she killed Colin Creevey!”, etc. every few minutes. And then I’ll talk about the book nonstop to anyone who will feign listening (my 12-year-old nephew, strangers in the waiting room at the dentist’s office) for a few weeks.

And look, EA’s finally making a World Cup Quidditch game, (No, really, it’s not my fake one)

I imagine you’ll be wearing your Izod shirt under that robe?

I have also pre-ordered the new book but MAY buy it at midnite too on the night it comes out if my 9-year-old daughter makes me. She too has read all the books a million times, but I’ve only read the first 2 1/2, because I am slower and stupider than her. :(

We love Harry Potter at our house and can’t wait for the new book.

By the way, did everyone read that J.K. Rowling is now richer than the Queen of England?

I have not pre-ordered, but only because it comes out three days before my birthday. I have, however, deluged my wife with pre-birthday hints.