Harry Potter and the deathly hallows

The trailer for part 1 is up on Youtube in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSostEQx60M

Looking good.

Then, after part 2 is out next summer, I can finally buy the unavoidable complete Blu Ray boxset.

Wendelius

I’m looking forward to it. It’ll be interesting to see how they break it up, especially given the alterations made to Half-Blood Prince. The clip from the MTV Movie Awards appears to show stuff from both parts, though, so no clues there.

Spoilers Below!!!
My guess is Part 1 ends with the escape from the Malfoy’s and the buriel of Dobby at Bill and Fleur’s cottage by the sea. The trailer seems to show a brief shot from there, with Harry grieving and the ocean in the background.

It’ll be more interesting to see how they handle the beginning, though, since they blew up the Burrow in HP6. I thought maybe they’d conflate Dumbledore’s funeral with the attack on the wedding, so they can establish his tomb at Hogwarts.
End Spoilers

Nice to see the tent will be in it.

Oh, the camping we shall see!

Looking forward to seeing part 1 later this year. Like Wendelius, I’ve held off on buying any of the DVD/Blu-Rays until everything is released as a complete package.

My wife showed me some photos of the final scene from part 2 with the kids grown up. The guys all looked like they are in their late 40s/early 50s, just frail and sickly. I suppose they decided to emphasize the time that passed, but damn I hope I don’t look like that in a few years when I’m in my late 30s!

Over the past couple of years I have not aged well at all. I’ve got some wicked age spots coming in on my head due to being practically bald. I’m afraid I’ll end up looking like Grobachev, but with the spot covering 3 times the area at this rate. Yuck.

I don’t even go outside all that much.

Well, not too surprisingly, they’re gonna slap 3D on the last one.

One hopes it’s done better than the 3D in the IMAX version of the fifth, which was kind of a mess.

Tents in the third dimension!

I can’t wait!

“THE FINALE OF THE WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON. THE MOVIE EVENT OF A GENERATION…”

The only way that trailer could have been any more self-pleasuringly bombastic is if it ejaculated into its own mouth while smashing together a pair of cymbals.

All for a film that, if loyal to its source material, will spend most of its 120 minute running time on three irritating teenager incompetents sitting in the woods bickering about what to do next.

Disappointingly, it looks like Neville Longbottom is getting the shaft in the final films. Matthew Lewis must have been pissed when he found out they were taking out all his heroics.

I found something interesting on this page.

Maybe Matthew Lewis is content to stay the hell away from Helena Bonham Carter.

Lame, that was my favorite bit in the books. I wonder if they’re going to mess with the death toll as well.

When I re-read the book (to my daughter), I was surprised at how little of the “sitting in a tent bickering” there actually was. Because on the first reading, that stuff dragged on so much that it seemed to encompass most of the story. Hopefully the movie manages to move quickly through that part.

Geoff

I can’t imagine they’ll mess with the death toll much.

— Alan

What kind of tent-pole film would that be?

The sitting in the woodsyness was less annoying to me on my re-read. The bickering was worse (it just seemed especially stupid, and put in to drive the plot in bizzare directions. We’re not talking about the one ring. Take the fucking thing off), though it did seem like there was less of it. However, certain other aspects of the plot were more annoying.

Radcliffe is apparently getting $50 Million for the two final films.

I hope the other kids are getting decent paydays as well.

I don’t think you have to worry about that.

I haven’t even read the book yet.