Harry Potter and the deathly hallows

Can you imagine how freaking busy that dude must be posting in every forum on the net where the new HP mood is mentioned?

Saw this over the weekend with my 11 year old son. We both thought it was easily the best of the Potter films and we’ve both read the books. Rather than trying to take about which of the 700 pages of book should have been in the movie, I’d rather focus on just the movie.

The major plot points were all covered well, even for those who hadn’t read the book. The pacing, acting and action were fantastic. Two thumbs up - no wonder it’s at 96% on the Tomato meter with 100% of the top 40 critics giving it a thumbs up. Wonderful movie.

Non-reader here, loved it. Found Half-Blood Prince to be terribly anticlimactic and Deathly Hallows Part 1 a bit dull, but I’m glad I went to see how it all ends. I ordered the Harry Potter adult paperback book set from the UK which looks totally smexy, can’t wait for it to arrive.

Do Draco and Hermionie get it on in this version?

Yes, but it was after she had Hagrid, and you could tell she was faking.

ha, ha, ha. You’d think they’d have a potion for that.

Which part?

Deathly Hallows Part 2 breaks record for largest 2nd week decline for a movie that made over $40 million the first weekend.

The Warner Bros. film declined 72 percent from its record $169.2 million domestic opening to just $47.4 million.

[…]

Alarm bells, however, are hardly going off at the Warner Bros. studio lot in Burbank, Calif.

“Deathly Hallows, Part 2” has grossed $560.4 million so far internationally. And with $833.9 million in the bank so far, the film is still on pace to be the only movie in the Potter series to break the $1 billion barrier globally.

I predict that record will be broken by the last Twilight movie.

Stephen King:

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.

I read that last week, and made it my Facebook status. I love hearing King rip on what a shitty author Stephanie Meyer is. (Because…she is.)

It really is important to have a boyfriend though.

Dig it. Let’s not forget our priorities.

Sadly, I think it will.

You say this as if it’s a good thing.

Meanwhile, Snape says it gets better.

I doubt it unless it’s in 3D.

To clarify, I don’t think Twilight will open as big, but I do think it’s statistical drop from the opening weekend to the second will be even more precipitous. Twilight’s fandom is even more passionate than Harry Potter’s, but not nearly as broad-based.

Broads make up most of Twilight’s fandom, don’t they? :)

Bangarang!