Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Looking back and having seen all these movies so many times I have a hard time being critical of them now. I remember being entertained by them at the time and being left wanting for more.

One thing that bothered me with the books and the movies is the seemingly total lack of communication of any meaning between Harry and Dumbledore. You get the idea they talk often but you rarely are invited to join them, until maybe the later movies, and even then you get the feeling Dumbledore simply leaves out a lot of stuff that might have proved helpful to Harry.

I always thought based especially on movie Dumbledore that he really used Harry more than was a friend to him.

Man, reading these old Harry Potter threads has been hilarious. People really hated Gambon here. Amazing.

“I can touch you nowwwwwwww

I can say that ridiculous line to my gf in Fiennes’ creepy Voldy-voice and reduce her to fits of tearful laughter even now, 13 years on.

That’s a valid observation. I noticed that too yesterday. I think it’s more that he’s a hands off teacher. He always leaves things out for Harry to find, both in the book and the movies. He rarely talks to Harry directly and is usually busy elsewhere, but he leaves enough clues out that Harry is able to learn things on his own. I always figured this was a philosophy of teaching.

That’s kinda creepy man… :)

That’s at least half of why it’s so hilarious.

Like, wait, Voldemort wants to bang Harry?

Oh, no, he’s just talking about the curse thing.

. . . but damn, dude, they couldn’t think of a better way of wording that?

You know, I never considered the pedo angle of that line until you brought that up, and so now every time I see that scene I will be thinking that.

Thanks.

As always, I’m here to help!

I was laughing so hard at the concept of a crowd of people who sit there staring at a lake and then some hedges.

That was great. I also liked their comment that given the Hogwart’s teaching methods ”I’m surprised it took four years for them to manage to kill one of their students.”

This was really funny and well-done.

“He taught a class for a whole year? He could have just pricked him with a needle and ran away.”