Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

Yeah, almost every PSP game on PSN can be played on the Vita, and one of the launch games is a port of Disgaea 3.

Yes. Mostly. And if you don’t have a PSP yourself you’re right in the target demographic for them. I’m pretty sure that everything will end up being available in one form or another if they’re going to continue the UMD trade up program from Japan to here.

Which, of course, is the other thing stopping me. I want details on the U.S. UMD solution. If I have to effectively rebuy all my games, I’ma be a little irritated. I’ll even ship the damn things back to Sony if they want.

Yeah possibly. It’s still comparing apples to oranges when we’re talking pure gaming.

I don’t know what ‘pure’ gaming is, but I can assure you that if you already have more portable games on one system than you have time to play, it reduces your incentive to drop money on a different portable system. As least, in my case, it does. I’m sure there are people who will want to have a 3DS, iPod, and PS Vita all at the same time.

What is pure gaming?

I like the idea of the Vita and all the quirky little games like the PSP had, but honestly, I barely touched my PSP despite wanting to play it more. I just have too many other things vying for my attention already, and I’d rather not continue to get sucked into the gotta-have-em-all mindset.

I MAY get one when the price drops by a decent amout ($75 - $100). And/OR when there’s something that really interests me on it.

I’ve been a Nintendo fanboy for a while and as it is, I only JUST got a PSP last week. I had a PSP GO which I got sometime last year and only used it to play PSONE classics. Sold it last week to get a practically new PSP + 8 games, extra high power battery and case, all for $100.

So for $110 (I got Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together new for $9.99 yesterday), I’ll be having a lot more gaming fun than had I spent $300 on a new Vita + game.

$300 is just way too much for a portable.

Nintendo was smart to lower their 3DS price. I’ll be getting one of those this Spring. Or maybe I’ll wait until the end of the year when it will probably be $149. Yes, I’m a cheapskate.

Oh sweet. Thanks both. yeah I have a PSP and would love to bring over my old games, but Disgaea 3 is very attractive on its own. Hmm,

I got a Galaxy S II a few months ago after having a Blackberry for years and though I never thought I’d get into the phone games I’ve been hooked on Jelly Defense, Flick Golf and a couple of other games.

Only thing is these are great for quick 10-15 minute sessions, when I have a little more time than that, like when I’m at home or on my lunch break at work, I prefer what I feel are the more substantial games that are on the DS & PSP.

It should be noted that Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention does not appear to have a firm release date yet; only “Q1 2012”.

Huh. You’re right. Apparently, it was a launch title in Japan but isn’t coming out here until Spring. Maybe that means it’ll be updated in some way.

Insanity is contagious! :P

I can’t imagine buying another handheld system now that the iPhone exists.

Ah thanks. yeah I think I will wait a bit then.

I bought a PSP on day 1.

I have no plan to get a Vita, even after a price drop. I ended up using the PSP more as a media player than anything else. The way I game when away from my TV, I’m happier with bite-size strategy and puzzle games, and I don’t need full-console-power in my hand.

As a tech geek I’m mighty impressed, but my phone now serves the purposes I used the PSP for.

Price drop + Persona 4 = Probable purchase

like when I’m at home or on my lunch break at work, I prefer what I feel are the more substantial games that are on the DS & PSP.

Given my ridiculous Steam backlog I don’t lack for substantial gaming at home :)

If I get get Valkyria Chronicles 3/4 or Yakuza Portable, I’d probably buy one.

I played the japanese valkyrie chronicle 3, with translation, it’s very good, better than 2.

I love Imca, she is so good with her custom rocket lance thingie.