Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable is $10 this week. Highly recommended.

Damn you…damn you to HELL…

I mean…er…thanks…

Any news on Vita TV coming states side?

Nothing official. It’s fun to read the blog post comments on the US Vita-LCD, where people are requesting news on the Vita TV, the 64GB card, and the removal of 100 icon limit, and the official Sony reply guy disappears.

I actually wanted to get the Vita TV because it was released for my region. I thought that I could play all PS3 games on it. BUT I found out from a very helpful sales assistant that it could only download and play PS3 games that has been “converted” to Vita TV. So only Vita TV compatible titles on the PSN store can be played on it.

It was a HUGE bummer.

I am enjoying Tokinden a lot after learning how to lock onto target. Makes playing with bow much easier. Requires less skills than MH to enjoy. But less frustration also :).

A question for anyone who got this. I downloaded a US copy and expected to restart. But it kept my save from a region 3 physical copy.

When I visit the store link on the start screen. It shows me that there is no content in Chinese. Is this normal. What do u see in your screen. Do you see any DLC? Just want to see if I stuffed up my save game by swapping the physical region 3 version with a region 1 downloaded version.

Between this and Bravely Default. I practically have no time!

I think switching my region 3 toukiden with a region 1 on my vita bugged the game out. When I access Yamato’s training missions. I get “*Unable to find materials” message in red. Look like I need a format of my vita to clear this.

Any ideas? I can’t find a save game management feature on the vita to remove the corrupted save.

I think the saves are stored in the game card

EDIt: never mind, digital copy. The saves are included in the game file. Deleting the game should delete the saves.

What is the best deal on an OLED Vita currently? I think there was a Walking Dead bundle last holiday, but it seems to be off store shelves now.

I guess they haven’t patched in ps4 remote play yet then? I guess I’ll wait until that happens and dual shock 4 is supported. Once those two things are in place I might have to import a vita TV if they don’t release it locally by then.

So I got through a level of this on normal on my third try, and wow it’s batshit, in a good way. Can’t wait to play more, as now I have a shotgun. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been waiting for a price drop on this. I played a ton of this back on the 360.

Anybody here trying Danganronpa???

I’m a couple hours in and enjoying the batshit-crazyness of it a lot…

I was deciding between that and Tuikiden, and pulled the trigger on Tuikiden instead. I’d love to know how folks like Danganropa though. It definitely looks like a different kind of game

I’ll let you know. I don’t think it’s too long, but I have a couple crazy weeks ahead of me…

Gods Eater Burst is 9.99 is it worth it or do I just buy the Toukiden instead?

Ok I’ll try that thanks. The weird thing is that my region 3 copy was a physical cartridge. Yet my downloaded region 1 copy picked up my save game! Which was absolutely weird because I thought saves are tied to region.

Did u like monster hunter more than phantasy star? I think the answer kinda depends on what kind of monster hunting games you like.

Edit: I had my first serious boss fight last night. (Something that may actually kill me.)
It had that wow wtf MH boss factor. It was a giant spider. The claws and legs can be individually target and broken off for “carves”. It makes the boss attacks weaker but… Wait for it… The damn things grow back. The boss goes through an animation sequence that grows back lost limbs. I am not sure if it can be interrupted but I was seeing it for the first time and paused to see what happened.

The mind’s eye is also cool because it showed where the boss had been damaged and which parts can be broken as well as it’s health. Which is a huge improvement over the MH series.

Having lots of fun.

I have read that God Eater burst was very good. BUT! The second one comes out soon and the biggest compliant on the first was limited/ recycled content. I would wait. Get god Eater Burst 2. Or Toukiden. Or Ragnarok Ace. Or Soul Sacrifice Delta. They are all slightly different takes on wave 2 of the hunting genre, and are all out soon (or now).

As to Toukiden, as a big time monster hunter fan, and a moderate Soul Sacrifice fan, I have been seriously on the fence. I have played the demo and kinda like and kinda don’t what I see. However, between a well done 1 hour youtube video that really breaks down the features and watching a bit of a coop stream last night, I caved. Toukiden looks to be a good middle ground in the “hunting” genre. Sure it has the obligatory big monsters that you break things off of fights, massive collecting/ crafting sink, and a nifty Japanese lore twist, but it also threads a good genre needle. It has the leveling, collecting, and customization of passive and active powers such as heal auras, life steal, and damage boosts of SS. Yet it doesn’t lose the kinetic active melee combat of MH.

If anyone wants to play some Toukiden mp, let me know.

There’s a fantastic full-translation Let’s Play of it by orenronen over on the Something Awful forums (also the sequel LP is ongoing) and probably by now the LP Archive. It’s very neat but also very text intensive so unless you read Japanese I don’t recommend getting it yourself.