Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

I’ll give uncharted a try when I get home tonight.

I don’t think Uncharted will work since it has a lot of touch screen elements. Here’s the list of compatible Vita games:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv

That’s probably the case with a lot of their big first-party stuff. I know that Gravity Rush and Tearaway have a lot of touch commands built in, in the same way that Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank Future had Sixaxis waggle built in.

Unsurprisingly, the public has not embraced console control schemes that go much beyond the Dualshock’s functionality.

Aside from obvious games like Gravity Rush and Tearaway that utilize the Vita’s hardware, there are curious omissions like Ys: Memories of Celceta, Disgaea 3, and most of the Sony PS2 franchises’ HD collections, games that are all 100% playable using only button controls.

Unless you really want to play Vita ports of PS2 and PS3 JRPGs on a TV again, PSTV doesn’t serve much of a purpose.

• Forced it to 480p. No real noticeable difference in feel except things are uglier.
  • Tried out last of us hd and it was ok. These 3rd person action games are definitely more forgiving of the lag. I went back and tried some more tomb raider at 480p. Verdict is just leave it at automatic (720p).
  • Tried out Killzone mercenaries. It plays well but with the graphics blown up it looks like a low res ps3 game that was up res’d to 720p with a lot of aliasing issues. it’s not pretty but very playable.

Yeah, I’m tempted to box this thing up and return it. I might keep it in hopes that after a few firmware updates the streaming gets better but I’m not hopeful.

Very disappointed. Maybe this is for people who are less sensitive to input lag and slightly jumpy framerates but apparently I’m not one of those people.

I’ll do one last test when I move it downstairs. I know the onkyo receiver I have it hooked up to while testing does the upresing to 1080p. I’ll be curious to see how it is on my yamaha receiver which will pass through the 720p to the tv.

Earlier in the thread, someone was talking about doing something special and to make sure you do something or another before you change memory cards. I was trying to scroll back since I have a terrible memory, but it’s a really long thread and I couldn’t find it.

Since I have a 4GB and a 16GB memory card now, do I need to do anything special before I switch to my new 16GB card? Can I just keep my Wipeout 2048 game on the 4GB card, and switch to it whenever I want later to play Wipeout?

This is, I think, only if you are going to switch accounts (from a Japanese account to an American account). In those cases you need to unregister the Vita before formatting and then changing cards. Otherwise, I don’t think there’s any issue with having two cards.

Except that they are easy to lose.

Sigh.

PS: Or maybe it was about uploading your save data to the cloud/backing it up, if you want to have a game in your first memory card installed on the second.

Unless they’ve changed stuff in recent firmware updates, you’ll need to power down the system any time you switch memory cards.

A warning: the V1000 USB cable connector has a right angle in it making it the only one that will work with the Sony first party AC adapter that comes with it, as I found out after I tried using $1 Monoprice cables.

I said screw it, and stopped using the Sony AC adapter. I’ll use cheap Monoprice PS Vita cables + any USB AC adapter brick from now on.

Wife got me this for Christmas. Despite the outlook of the system being a bit murky I still wanted one for what was already out there. I’ve been playing Persona 4 almost non-stop since I got it. Just for that game alone I think it’s worth it. When I’m done with that I might go back and play Persona 3, but I probably should have reversed the order of play. I never finished either on the PS2, but I always liked the story of 4 much better.

Try Disgaea 3 and 4 after you are done with Persona 4. I haven’t deleted those games off my system even after finishing the main storylines.

Disgaea 3 and 4 are why I bought a Vita :)

super Robot Wars Z3 is also pretty amazing (and in the same genre). But it’s japanese only. You can get through with a wiki + google translate in an android device, but it’s rough. Still the production values of that game are insane…

Damn right! The best way to play D3 and D4 is mobile. Shame D5 is not projected to come out for the Vita.

Disgaea on the vita is just perfect. I actually look forward to my commute now. Go ahead and break down CTA trains, it’s cool.

Never really intended to buy a Vita until I saw the AC bundle a couple years back. Was the right price and soon after PS+ added Wipeout, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush to the IGC. Even if I’m disappointed by most of the new games being either ports or skeevy rpgs, I’ve certainly already gotten my money’s worth after so many good games. The ones mentioned above, Tearaway, Lumines, KZ:M, Stealth Inc, Guacamelee, Unit 13, Soul Sacrifice, Super Stardust Delta, Ys:MoC, Tales From Space, Disgaea 3, DJMax and more. Still haven’t even played P4G, Freedom Wars, and a few other games with big followings.

I actually could never get into D3 when I bought in on PS3. This game just feels absolutely perfect for the sleep/suspend feature of the Vita.

When I had my PSP, I used its multimedia functionality a lot. It was my gym video player, and my son used it for videos and music until it had an unfortunate encounter with a spilled drink.

I’ve never used the Vita for this stuff, and I guess nobody else has either, as Sony not only announced that it was discontinuing support for YouTube, Maps, and Near, but it also announced it’s killing its music service in favor of a co-labeled version of Spotify, but while that service is coming to PS3, PS4, and even Experia phones, it’s not announced for Vita.

I’m not sure this means Sony is dropping commitment to Vita overall as much as it shows that there’s not a significant market for multimedia apps on it with everyone owning smartphones nowadays…

They better not drop the Netflix app, I use that a lot.

Does that mean the GPS is now completely useless on my 3G Vita? That’s OK with me…I buried the Maps app the first day I got it.

Note that the app hasn’t been updated for the PlayStation TV, so I’m guessing it’s just in maintenance mode now.