Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

Oh, wow, I didn’t think about the PlayStation TV. The multimedia apps are a bit more important there!

Ps tv sucks as a media streamer. I’d NEVER use it over a real device like a roku. It is clearly a last gen device with a sluggish ui and poor internet connectivity.

I’d also strongly recommend ps tv over vita unless you’re going to be using it on the go a lot though. It does a great job playing vita games where they work best, on a big tv with a dual shock 4.

Except for the bit where an enormous chunk of the Vita’s library doesn’t work on PSTV at all, anyway.

Speaking of the PSTV, Best Buy has it on sale for $60 today: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-tv-system/6731028.p?id=1219238018522&skuId=6731028

I’d say check the compatibility list first, but it hasn’t been updated since October. So for any specific titles, you’re probably best off asking Google.

I snagged one when it was that price and had $30 in BB certificates, making it a WTF purchase. I never got the remote play to work with my PS4, but others have (maybe it’s my powerline networking, heck if I know).

If you buy one, understand that it won’t be much more than a toy for playing a subset of Vita games and Sony appears to be regretting bringing it to market.

Nearly every game I’ve tried works. What doesn’t work for me is trying to route the HDMI through my AV receiver. Which is also a Sony.

This is not true at all.

Almost every single game i had any interest in works 100% on the PSTV. Obviously YMMV, and there might be a game that you like that is absolutely based around the touch pads. Still, if you have the DS4, you can use the touch pad on that for one (this works well) and you can also use the two sticks as touch pads (this does not work so well).

The only game that i had any interest in that did not have PSTV support was gravity rush.

Mine is hooked up to a receiver (Denon).

I called Sony support and they couldn’t help me. I have no idea why it doesn’t work - I get ‘No Stream’ when the PSTV is plugged in.

I have the PS4 and Wii-U both hooked up through it and they work fine.

Boo. I seem to have missed this, as it was $60 when I got to the site, but $80 when I put it into my cart. :(

I think Amazon was price matching, so maybe check them, too?

Nope. Amazon is offering a whopping $1 discount off of list price.

I think I somehow burnt my fingerprint into the OLED screen.

I’m clueless about how it happened, anyone know what might’ve caused it?

Thankfully it’s not noticable unless it’s showing a mostly solid color. It’s much lighter tints in a small area that resembles my index print. I use the machine in the cold often (Canada!) if that could explain it.

Too much monpiece? All the rubbing action could have imprinted your fingerprint into the screen.

Not mine, but thanks for the warning…

Do you use it in the summer? Wear bug spray? Vita has a plastic screen, and it is not a tough one. Some bugsprays will eat plastic a little.

It’s plastic?!? No wonder I got more scratches on it than any of my mobile/smart phones. Time to look for screen protectors…anyone has any recommendations? (Can I even find them LOL? Stores want to stop carrying Vitas…)

I have this one which I got just after I got my Vita. It’s great and I was able to get it on with no dust or bubbles underneath. The Vita is actually very easy to put a screen protector on compared to a 3DS or WiiU since the screen in flush with the rest of the device. That makes it much easier to land the think in the right spot.

Found it only in Walmart…it’s CAD 20 for 2 sheets! Gonna look online.

In the meantime, Sony says Happy 3rd Birthday, Vita with a birthday sale.

There’s also a 1-day promotion of the free-to-play game Destiny of Spirits (Q Entertainment!?!), where if you complete the tutorial today, you get a gift spirit which you’d normally have to go to Asia for, or something like that. I just started it, so if people wanna join me and figure this game out, just buzz me or friend me (KaoFloppy…no change).

That is kind of an underwhelming sale. I don’t really see anything that interests me.