Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

It might be as simple as something like changing memory cards using up 2 “activations.” Maybe you had a Japanese account, too?

But the global de-activation option wasn’t particularly difficult when I used it with Apple to clear out activations linked to old iTunes installs, re-activating was as simple as signing in again.

You can’t have multiple accounts activated on the same Vita at the same time in any way - it won’t even let you activate a Vita with another account unless you deactivate the existing account and do a factory reset - and even if you could, having different accounts active shouldn’t affect total devices activated for a specific account, unless Sony’s system is even more broken than expected.

As far as reactivating everything after doing a global deactivation, the biggest issue there is that I don’t have access to one of the systems that’s currently activated, so until I can get my girlfriend’s eleven-year-old brother to bring his PS4 over to his mom’s house, he won’t be able to do online play or access any of my PSN games.

Just return the Vita TV, easy peasy. I’m wondering how you ended up with it registering 3 active divices though, that’s just weird.

That won’t solve the problem of having a ghost activation or of me wanting to have two PSTVs. :P

You can manage your devices if you log into your account at the playstation store website and go to the account option.

You can just deactivate the ghost ones, and see what’s there too.

You can’t actually deactivate individual devices from the Web site, or else I would’ve done so; that’s how I saw there was a third Vita listed on there. If you click the deactivate button, it just gives you instructions for deactivating a given device, which always requires the device itself.

I told myself I’d buy a Vita if / when it hit about $100 new. It’s not there yet, but getting close. So apart from holding out for a further price drop, is there any reason to wait any longer? Any interesting announcements at E3 I might’ve overlooked?

If I had to guess, Severed was the last big Vita release from a non-Japanese developer (and it’s been announced for other touch-enabled platforms now). From here on out, it looks like nothing but ports (not to dismiss these out of hand, mind you), jRPGs, and whatever those “you are in charge of a girl-band” games are.

And don’t forget, you’ll need to cough up another $50-$100 for a memory card. I do recommend getting the 64gb card, even though it’s overpriced compared to non-proprietary formats.

As much as I loved my Vita when I owned one, I’m not really sure I’d recommend buying on. Not really going to be any new games out for it (not many, of that I can say confidently) and what there is can be played on most other platforms. I really wish it weren’t the case - it’s just about the best gaming hardware I’ve held in the last three years - but I would sit down and make a list of all the games you are SURE you want to play, that you can’t play elsewhere, and really think about if you WOULD play them and if it would be worth the investment (unit, memory card as Rick points out, plus the cost of the games). If those factors still decide you to pick one up, you’re golden.

I wouldn’t hold off out of fear of a new hand held from Sony coming to replace the Vita, either.

I’d agree with making a list of games you want to play on it, but don’t discount the portability aspect either when looking at games. Even if most of the library is also available on PS4 or PC, you may find that it’s easier to make time for some games when away from the big systems and they aren’t competing with the hot new releases.

I don’t think Vita was mentioned at E3.

I would happily recommend the machine if you’ve been subscribed to PS+ & adding the games for awhile. Lots of fun stuff last year. It’s my favorite way to play Binding of Isaac, Kickbeat, Geometry Wars, Pinball FX2 and a few other non-exclusives.

It is hard to recommend a vita.

If you like dungeon crawlers, the vita has a lot, but look at the 3ds too as it also has a lot.

Sony has abandoned the vita. it is basically dead, so make sure you aren’t counting on future games making it worth it to you.

Take in to account the memory prices, you will need a memory card.

Don’t get the 64gb memory card. It is/was exponentially more expensive than the 32gb. I also had my insanely overpriced 64 gb memory card die after 3 months of minor use. No warranty/support from sony. That was the only memory card i’ve had die ever. I was not happy.

In general i say don’t get a vita. If you want enough games on it to a great enough degree you will just ignore what i say anyway.

If portability isn’t a concern, consider a Playstation TV which is actually a Vita with none of its handheldedness and going for around 40 bucks these days. The huge, unbelievably stupid downside is that there is a whitelist on which games work, so take that list of Vita games you want and make sure they’re compatible.

This is what i do.

It works especially good if you have a dual shock 4 with its touch pad.

Extremely high compatibility with vita games. The only one i ever was denied from playing was Gravity Rush (which is now on ps4).

Note that the PSTV doesn’t work with anything that uses the camera (Uncharted: Golden Abyss), anything that requires multitouch (DJ Max Technika TUNE), or anything that’s randomly not on the whitelist because of publishers being dumb (Ys: Memories of Celceta, pretty much any Konami game). Also note that it doesn’t have an audio-out jack aside from the HDMI port.

I think that the best way to decide if you should buy one is to basically add up the cost of the vita and the already released games you want to play and then see if that cost is worth it for you. It’s basically dead for the future, but there are hundreds and hundreds of hours of existing titles that are out there to play if you want to play them.

If you have interest in moe-jrpgs (Atlus, Gust, NIS, Xceed) or visual novels, there’s lots to do with it. If not, not so much.

I’ve enjoyed my time with mine, but I think I’m coming close to being done with it.

Severed, one of the last original non-jRPG games for the Vita (yes there’s an iOS port, but Drinkbox’s ability to port is limited b/c it’s a touchscreen game) is on sale this week. $9 for PS+ members.

Just picked that up myself – hopefully it’s about one cross-country plane ride long and I can knock it out on the way to PAX.

The past month has also seen an exploit for the Vita that allows full system access on a very recent firmware, and as of a few days ago the ability to dump game images for piracy. I’m bummed about the piracy part, not because I think it will discourage developers from making Vita games (that ship has sailed) but because it means Sony will be much more aggressive in closing the loophole and possibly punishing people who use it. All I’m asking for here is a PSTV whitelist and the means to emulate some old games I’ve bought way too many times.

So assuming it’s in good condition (will get verification tonight) I’m probably going to jump on an Original Vita with with the power cord, hard case, grip and 4gb memory card for $100 shipped. I already have a 3ds and enjoy it for it’s portable-ness and would definitely love to have a portable with a better screen. Also I am probably selling my house next month and bumming it with inlaws until we buy a new one (or figure out what we are doing, sigh) and regular gaming will probably be harder.

Memory card size sucks but from what I can tell it will work for a bit since I usually only play one game at a time.

I’ve already seen some games I"m interested with but I"m interested in hearing recommended games from you guys.