Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

Obligatory Persona 4 Golden.

If you like dungeon crawlers: Dungeon Travelers 2 or Demon Gaze.

Shiren the Wanderer is a good roguelike.

VN’s with some gameplay: Danganronpa 1 & 2. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games comes out next month, loved that series.

Steins;Gate if you want a pure VN.

Speaking of Vita games, anyone else looking forward to Utawarerumono coming out? Can’t believe Atlus are putting out two of those this year. I’d imagine Tears to Tiara 2 had dismal sales so I was quite surprised these are being brought over.

You will probably want to get a bigger memory card at some point. A few games won’t even fit on the 4GB cards.

As for games not yet mentioned: plenty of great indie titles if you haven’t played them elsewhere including Bastion, Spelunky, and Thomas was Alone. Exclusive-wise Freedom Wars and Ys: Memories of Celceta are solid choices. I’ve also been playing Earth Defense Force 2017, Severed, and Hot Shots Golf. And of course, any PS1 or PSP classics you’ve been itching to get back to – Symphony of the Night being a favorite of mine.

Yeah it’s definitely on my radar, I just want to make sure I really play it (since a memory card will be half the price I paid for the device itself) and because this puts me pretty well over my usual gaming budget :)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is on Vita. Also Dragon’s Crown. Disgaea 4.

Funny that this thread popped up. I’ve been thinking about maybe rebuying one. I sold mine in a trade a year and a half ago and I really regret it now even though at the time I wasn’t using it at all. It saved me $150 off the price of my New 3DS but it will cost almost $200 to get a new one now. And memory prices haven’t changed. I can’t believe I was able to get a brand new PS Vita in 2013 for less than the price of what it costs in 2017. That just blows my mind.

On my desk sits an OG Vita (with cellular!) and a 64GB memory card and probably less than 5 hours of usage on it if you don’t count updating the OS and downloading PS Plus games that I never get around to playing every couple of months… My kid and I used the heck out of my PSP, but i just don’t portable game off my phone/laptop/iPad anymore.

We don’t sell stuff here on Qt3, but you can PM me if you’d like to, oh, just chat about my forlorn Vita. :)

Just got my (OG) Vita. Man this thing is gorgeous compared to my N3DS XL, and the audio is noticeably better as well (at least while playing Soul Sacrifice).

There’s a sale on on the PS Store at the moment. Some pretty sweet deals too (including Dragon Quest Builders at 48% off, I believe). I only bought Steamworld Heist at full price the other day (first game I’ve bought in a loooooong time for the Vita) and that’s now discounted. Pffft, typical.

Anyway, I also picked up Rock Boshers DX, and Three Fourths Home with Steamworld Heist, which aren’t discounted. I’m considering Titan Souls, The Swindle and Symphony of the Night. Tactics Ogre is one I’ve been meaning to check out for a while now too. Thoughts? Even though it’s full price, Axiom Verge looks pretty cool and is tempting me as well.

I got Super Robot Wars V (Asia version). It is in English!!! (the translation is just ok, but the story is bonkers anyway). AKA the most overproduced SRPG series in history.

I played some scenarios and I’m really digging it. It does start out easy enough, though, but going by other games in the series (they don’t innovate much :P) it will get there. Overall, a pretty solid SRPG for the system if you can get over the stupidly sexualized female protagonist (which you can just not choose as your character, but she’s still in game).

Ooh is Tactics Ogre on sale? I’ve been thinking about getting that.

The PSP version of tactics ogre is, in my opinion, the best Japanese SRPG ever developed. It threads a fine line between old school and more modern design sensibilities, while keeping the core of the experience (which is the basics from which stuff like FFTactics came out) intact.

I do think it’s a masterpiece and that you should get it it you think you will enjoy it at all! (the ending feels rushed and out of tune with the rest of the story -the game was originally supposed to be longer-, but that’s about the only caveat I can think of).

Sold! Cheers @Juan_Raigada.

You got me really really really excited, and then I realized it’s an EU PSN only sale :(

Oh man, I’m sorry Kall, I had no idea! :-(

I’m tempted by Builders just because it’s on such a deep discount and I’m unlikely to get a PS4.

You got the Vita version instead of the PS4 one? Trying to decide which to get…

Yes, I play way more on my vita, and SRPGs and other 40+ hours games have much better chances of being completed if not tied to the living room, in my case.

Whoa! I had no idea this was even out there. I loved the Super Robot Taisen: OG games on GBA, but I never found any English versions of the other releases (other than that weird one that was on DS). In fact, I was just thinking about replaying them the other day. Now I can play something new instead!

Thanks!

AFAIK, due to licensing issues this is the first time a mainline game gets translated. I do like my Gundam and macross in my SRW :P.

It’s is not really licensed, though. The loophole they found is to release an English version in the Asia regions. You have to import it and no DLC unless you change accounts, but it’s a tradeoff I can live with.

The Vita is going to be the biggest reason that I’ll never be able to buy a Switch.

If I ever bring up the suggestion and have to describe that I might want to get this tablet thing, my wife will just have to say “Oh you mean like that other handheld gaming device you bought that you never touch that has years of dust accumulated on it?”

Stupid Vita.

“But honey, the Vita doesn’t have Nintendo games on it!”

I got you:

1. Buy Persona 4 Golden.
  2. Play (or just leave on) for 200 hours.
  3. Show wife save file with game time logged.
  4. Switch!