Have you planned to buy a PS Vita?

@Rock8man have you considered frequenting strip clubs and developing a drinking problem so the Switch seems benign by comparison?

I’m pretty much the same @Rock8man. I’ve got an 8+ hour flight to Florida and back in a few weeks so it seems as good a time as any to try and ignite my interest in the damn thing again.

I’ve played some great games on it but it’s just kind of fell between the cracks of my gaming habits on PC and console. I really like the device, clunky and mostly pointless rear touchpad and ‘gritty’ thumbsticks aside, so I’m hoping this time I’ll stick with whatever I pick up.

I bought Don’t Starve some years ago at full price and holy smokes, the loading times were horrendous. I mean, I suck at the game and it never really clicked with me anyway, but if that hadn’t been the case then the loading times would have killed any enthusiasm I had for sure. Race the Sun was the same. God, I haven’t got all day, you know?

No, but I was contemplating that if everything goes well, I’ll be a new father in less than a month, and I was reading on Eurogamer how the Switch is perfect for Oi Welsh as a new father. So maybe I can make the same use out of the Vita somehow. Go in and out of a game at a moment’s notice. Except, of course, that the Vita lacks a game like the new Zelda, that’s the biggest sticking point.

Yeah. I love the Vita hardware, but the games offerings just aren’t there. I think Nintendo is much better at developing software that plays well on a handheld.

I’ve been going though Person 4 again on it, and I wish there were more games at that level on the Vita.

Congratulations! Portable gaming is great for a new dad, but, in my experience, I think you’ll gravitate towards one-handed options for a while.

I don’t see Tactics Ogre on sale.

Got all excited…i bought it for the PSP a few years back but never got around to playing it beyond a couple of hours. What I did play, I loved, though, so looking for an excuse to repurchase it for the Vita.

If you haven’t played Final Fantasy Tactics, you should, especially the PSP re-release (War Of The Lions) which has a much improved script/translation from the PSOne original.

I bought enough in the sale last month to qualify for a £10 cashback voucher through April which arrived yesterday. When I visited the store I was pleased to see another big sale on so was able to pick up Shiren for £9.99, or nothing with the voucher. Some pretty hefty discounts going on at the moment too, at least if you’re in the EU.

The EU seems to get all the good Vita discounts. You guys even had Dragon Quest: Builders on sale but I don’t think it’s ever been on sale in the US. :(

Sorry to hear it. What on earth’s going on with the discrepancy then? Seems a sure fire way of getting folks’ backs up.

Sounds like Europe had some quarter-end targets it badly needed to hit.

So, my vita memory card has been fritzing for a while, randomly corrupting data, etc. I think it’s gotten to the point where it’s kind of unrecoverable. I need to decide if there’s anything else coming out in the life of the system that I want to play badly enough to pick up a new one.

Probably not, I can just save my mon-

Goddamn it.

I have an 8GB lying around. PM me if you want it.

A few weeks ago I bought a used Vita together with a 16gb memory card and minecraft for 110€. I’m pretty much a New 3DS XL fanboy and love it, but I wanted access to some of the Vita games (the home consoles are simply not my cup of tea). So far I’m impressed. I like the Vita way more than I expected. Gravity Rush, Oddworld New ‘n’ Tasty, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Assassin’s Creed, Little Big Planet, Tearaway, Danganronpa - simply great to play on the Vita. The game library is not as huge as on the DS/3DS but there a lot of good titles that I’d play rather on the Vita than on a PC or tablet. It won’t replace my 3DS but I’m surprised how much I’ve been playing with it. And: The latest sales were awesome. They had a “Big in Japan” sale with great discounts so I could buy a lot of titles from my wishlist for cheap.
The only letdown for me is the memory card. They are a real pain to buy (still extremely expensive) and 16gb just aren’t enough as the games take quite a lot of space.
With the 3DS it’s the other way round: Memory is cheap (normal micro sd), the games are small but there are few good sales.
So, that was just a short report about buying a Vita in 2018.

I bought a second 64GB during e-Bay’s 15% off anything day recently.

My poor Vita. Every once in a while I decide to fire it up, but of course, it’s completely out of batteries, and needs to be plugged in, and then it needs a bunch of updates. By the time I get through all that, I forget it exists again.

I’m bitter many of the games (so-much for the promise of digital games) stopped being sold online in the PSN store and many multiplayer servers are long turned off.

This is decidedly similar to my experience. I think Vita is a cool device. It does neat things, but the Switch pretty much does everything much better in my mind. Every time I look at the Vita, a game comes to mind that I might play, then I remember the charging and update cycle, then I just close the nightstand drawer. Poor Vita indeed.

We had PS Vita but the kids didn’t like it much. They more into big screen.

You could play Vita games on the PSTV. Too bad Sony forgot to tell anyone about this feature - even developers.

I still play my Vita once in a while…then again, I just got one about 1.5 years ago. Got it to replace a busted PSP so I can play (and replay) PSONE titles but now am trying to collect as many physical Vita games as I can before they disappear even though I dont have a lot of gaming time lately.

Picked up Dragon’s Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, a Y’s title (forgot which one) and a few others along with buying a few more PSOne and PSP titles I didn’t have from PSN.

Someday, when I retire, I will have a hell of a time on the porch going through my handheld backlog.