Having cancer

Cool news Tom, i can only imagine the relief you get from this kind of news :)

Oh and kind of related, a ‘mediterranean’ diet may help reduce the recurrence of cancer:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jun/05/mediterranean-diet-stop-breast-cancer-coming-back-study-italy-fruit-vegetables-fish-olive-oil

So I got to write about something other than videogames and movies.

-Tom

That is an important, beautifully written essay, Tom. Thank you for linking.

That was great Tom, thanks for sharing it.

Awesome essay. Thanks for sharing it here.

Yes, indeed. Thank you for that, Tom.

As usual, you are so eloquent. Beautifully written Tom. And educational as well. I mean, I now know what I have to do!

Wow. Great article. Thanks, Tom.

Magnificent Tom.

That’s really a moving piece of work, Tom. Nicely done.

I enjoyed that piece a lot!

Piling on. Thank you for that essay, Tom.

Great piece, Tom.

I noticed one typo when reading, in case you are a stickler about fixing such things:

[quote]
x-ray machine and are barium-infused food[/quote]
(instead of ‘ate’)

Great piece of writing. Thanks.

Nice work Tom! Congratulations!

Very nice! Just one question: How did you know about the platter of fruit on my head?

Yes, a great piece. Good luck to you @tomchick.

So, my wife was having some pain in her right side and numbness along with involuntary spasms in her foot last week. Let the doctor know, MRI scheduled for the next day and within two hours, BAM, cancer now in the brain now as well. She was scheduled to have cat scans Tuesday to see if the new chemo was working after several months in keeping it at bay in her liver lungs, sternum, spine and hip. This shit does not bode well for that I am guessing.

I am numb right now as I have told many people and am doing what she and the kids need. We are all in some weird eye of the storm quiet state. She is scared and cries occasionally. The kids SEEM OK. I want to do something constructive to and not waste any time we have left. I also want to drink myself into oblivion.

Gamma knife radiation sounds fun though. Gallows humor seems to be today’s prescription. Tomorrow I will probably regret posting that.

Just want some support and virtual pats on the back. Maybe some positive, human vibes. Feel a bit helpless and I guess I am trying to gather all of those things for the next steps.

HUGZ

Ugh, fuckin shit balls. I want to rewind back to the early days of the Ascension league when we played games together and you didn’t have a spouse with cancer. You have my virtual hugs and sympathy, Tyjenks.

Seems that I missed this. Incredibly moving piece, Tom. Thanks.