Having cancer

Damn, that’s terrible, Tyjenks. You’ve got all the virtual support we can possibly provide.

Aw man, that’s terrible. Virtual hug, or a virtual clasped hand on the shoulder or whatever you want.

I’m so sorry to hear it, Tyjenks. Dammit. That sucks.

I’m really sorry to hear that Tyjinks. I’ll be thinking about you all and hoping for the best for you.

I have no words. :(

Terrible news, Tyjenks. Good luck to you guys.

Oh, hey Tyjenks, didn’t mean to ignore your post. I am so sorry. More virtual hugs from me as well.

I’m so sorry, Tyjenks. Treasure what remains to you - and more importantly, all the amazing ways she contributed and shaped your lives over the years.

Ugh, Tyler, I’m so sorry. I really hope they’re able to manage this. Prayers and thoughts for R. and for you and the family as well.

Thanks everyone. Trying to gather strength from my gaming friends and from all corners. My faith for what its worth has been pretty shattered for a while for various reasons. Mostly, I just talk to people online and in texts to get it all out. Scans of the rest of the areas of concern Tuesday. I am not hopeful and we have yet to ask about a prognosis. My wife probably will not. She does not find that information helpful in the least. I will ask her doctor after the appointment as I have to be prepared in my mind to help her and the kids.
Thank you. All of your support means a lot.

-Tyler

Tyler, that’s just terrible news. I’m sorry to hear it. Sorry you and your family have to work through such a difficult, shitty hand. Give your wife and kids a hug for me. I’ve got plenty hugs for you. Good luck.

That’s gutting Tyler. I have a coworker going through a very similar thing right now, and the guy is struggling the same way you are. My internet shoulder to cry on, and virtual hugs, man. I can only hope your family can find what peace and comfort are available.

I missed this yesterday and was hoping to come in to hear some good news for a change. Ugh.

Sorry to hear about this, Tyler. Sending lots of virtual hugs, comfort and support your way. We are here whenever you need to talk.

Thinking about you and yours, Tyler. You are in our thoughts.

So sorry for you and your family. We’re always here if that’s any help.

Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers, especially on Tuesday. I hope it goes well. And we’re all here for you, Tyler. Even those of us who you made play Empire of Magic!

-Tom

To get really sappy for a sec: you’re a bunch of fabulously good people. I’m very, deeply glad that I stumbled my way into this community somehow and have managed not to be booted out of it thus far.

Tyler, genuinely, all the best to you and yours. We’re all out here, in Internet Land, pouring positivity toward you.

Welp, believe it or not, I have yet to shed a tear because I guess I have numbed or girded or whatever myself. I found out and was at a concert with my youngest. So Rebecca had dealt with her reaction while with my oldest. I kind of processed while keeping a brave face for my kid. Through the weekend I have kept my mind and body busy.

This post almost did it. :) Teared up a bit, but I am at a client’s office trying to work.

I am good in a crisis and can keep it together for all of those around me. Sometime after tomorrow’s scans and we get the treatment plan and we settle into the new routine (I have grown to loathe the term “the new normal”), I will most likely breakdown after everyone is in bed and I can step outside and be all noisy and gross looking.

Thanks again everyone.

Sorry to hear about that. I don’t know what the best outcome is in your situation, but here’s hoping you find it. I admire your ability to be strong when those around you need it.

That is terrible news Tyenks… You and your family are in our thoughts.