Having cancer

My sincere condolences, @tyjenks. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Tyler, I wish I was there to put my arm around you and just sit with you. I’m thinking of you, brother. And I’m so glad that your kids have the dad they have.

-Tom

I hope that one day I can take you up on that Tom. For now, I feel like many of us are sitting around and comforting each other in all of our challenges. It may be the beer, but I feel peace in our house that I have not felt for a while. There is certainly sadness and loss that will ebb and flow, but this moment, people have supported us and allowed us to see her off and the stories we all share are a testament to the great benefit we can be to one another. I have seen many shared on Facebook from people my wife has not seen in decades, but who still remember her smile and sense of humor.

I hope we can all touch a tenth of the lives my wife did. Someone said “I wish we could all see the world through Rebecca’s eyes.”. She was a kind and friendly soul and I am glad I have two beautiful children for having known her.

EDIT: I re-read this and I do not think I can improve upon it. Qt3 may very well be the genesis of what I say at her service and then go get drunk and celebrate her life with lots of Depeche Mode songs. All of which she wanted.

My deepest condolences @tyjenks.

Much love to you and your family, @Tyjenks. Will be thinking of you as you work through the difficult days ahead.

My condolences to you and the kids Tyler. Your wife sounds like she was an amazing woman, and I think we can all agree that she was married to an amazing guy.

So sorry to hear @Tyjenks, I don’t really have the words. Her suffering is at an end, love and strength to you and your family. :(

Deepest condolences.

What is there to say, Tyjenks? I’ve never been a big believer in the healing power of words though that may just be because I lack the skill to use them appropriately. I will say that I’m wishing you the endurance to bear up through the coming weeks. I hope you and your kids can lean on each other and add to your strength like a Voltron of love or something. Hey I told you I wasn’t very eloquent.

Trite as it may be, I’m going to drop a few lines from one of my favorite songs. It’s helped me through some tough times. Maybe it can give you a small bright spot in your day.

Here’s wishing you the bluest sky,
And hoping something better comes tomorrow.
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the drudge and sadness.
I know that better things are on the way.

I know you’ve got a lot of good things happening up ahead.
The past is gone it’s all been said.
So here’s to what the future brings,
I know tomorrow you’ll find better things.

I’m so sorry this happened to you and your wife Ty.
But I’m so impressed with how you handled it.
I know you have beaten yourself up a bit over the last few months, but I hope you can move forward with the knowledge that you did right by your wife and your family.

I’m so sorry, Tyjenks. I feel like nothing I could say would help, but I do want to say that I so appreciate your participation in this thread. I haven’t been posting, but I’ve been reading everything. You’ve helped me (and undoubtedly others) think about some hard things, and I’ve held my loved ones a lot longer lately as a result. Sending love from the other end of the Internet tubes.

I’m really sorry Tyjenks. I missed your post about her passing since it was in the reply to JPinard.

I hope you are able to get through the next stage as best you can.

I’m sorry for your loss.

I knew something had happened cause of all the posts. there are no words. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Oh, Tyler. I’m so sorry. Were your kids home, or still at the lake?

Tyjenks, so sorry for you and your family’s loss and all that you have all been through.

I don’t think I have posted anything regarding your experiences but I have been reading your posts and admiring your strength and great courage in not only dealing with your situation but in sharing here.

I am currently helping my 13 year old cope with the loss of her mother (my ex wife) just a few months ago to colon cancer and all I can offer is what you probably already know: keep doing the things you were doing with your kids before; they need to know that your lives will be different but will still go on and that you will be able to find joy in your lives.

I’m not a praying man but I wish you continued strength and peace and I hope your children are ok.

My condolences. I’ll think of your family a lot today.

Just caught up on the thread and was unprepared for how hard it hit me to see your post about Rebecca’s passing, @Tyjenks, even after everything we’ve heard over the previous months. I can only imagine how much more intense those feelings are for you, your girls, and others close to you. Anything I can say would be incredibly inadequate, so I’ll just leave it at this: you and yours are in my thoughts and I wish you the best in this difficult time.

I’ve read this thread since the beginning. My family has had to endure the ravages of cancer and the aftermath. All I can say is my heart goes out to you and your kids. You’ve been incredibly strong and your writing on th subject is sobering and inspirational.

Just got home from work at my new job and saw this.

I’m weeping now. All I can say is, hang in there. I’ve lost many people, but not my spouse. I can’t even imagine how that will hurt if she passes before I do.

You and your children are in my thoughts.