HDMI Port Not Working on Panasonic Plasma HDTV

The Panasonic folks actually told me to find a place to take it to if multiple cables don’t get a signal. :/

Be careful with strippers, the last time i drilled holes in one i could not see anything for days, that might throw out a HDMI port too thinking about it. So be careful Brian! Drilling holes in stuff is not often the best idea.

Edit: for clarity :)

Drill? What?

OOPSSS yeah! HDCP bad, DHCP good.

Why are people wanting to drill holes in strippers that is not cool.

edit: ok now I am worried some people may not understand the Theo DX reference.

Well It’s only been like 10 fucking years.

I thought we had a mandate to perpetuate such things.

Are you sure the port isn’t physically broken?

Have you tried placing the TV on a podium?

Nope, not sure at all, might be inside. Who knows, it could’ve been busted in our move last year, just REALLY specific damage, that.

What’s Theo DX?

Oh sweet summer child.

What. The fuck.

Quoted for posterity. Zak, I think we’ve found the inscription for your tombstone.

Ok, the reference is too obscure for me. I give up.

Briefly, there was a guy that went to an ivy undergrad and was a bit elitist, and he said something about his professor’s high-tech podium, so everybody piled on about his elitism, using the podium as a quick shorthand reference. I believe he moved on in the 2012 banwave.

I am really glad I somehow miss stupid shit like that.

OHHH I remember! SBARROS! Thank you.

Oh god, why did you have to mentioned Sbarros?! gags

Executioner Five, which HDMI po—oh, nevermind, he mentioned that in the first post.

That wasn’t his name, was it? This is the same guy that said he was going to Wharton and would be making more money than chet in [some length of time], right?

edit - Wasn’t it Jose Liz?

No – IIRC he had some funny Sbarro’s story, but that wasn’t his name. I don’t want to invoke it lest, like Beetlejuice, he returns to haunt us all!