Headphones for consoles

I have never used headphones with a console before, But our TV and consoles are now in a very open room, And sound from games we travel through much of the house. So I’d like to know about the best way to use headphones. I have some really nice headphones I use for work, They connect by USB or Bluetooth. Will either of those methods work with The next generation consoles? If not, what sort of headphones should I get that would work with both of them?

I’ve had the best luck with the PS4 plugging g my nice headphones into the audio jack on the controller. Everything else I tried introduced audio lag.

I recently put up a new TV in the Family Room. Since my wife is constantly telling me to turn the volume down, I picked up this Bluetooth transmitter at Amazon.

Works like a charm with any Bluetooth headphones/earbuds!

Thanks for the suggestions! Will the PlayStation five and the new Xbox have connections for the same kind of headphones? And with the Bluetooth how do you connected to the source?

The Xbox Series consoles use the same controllers so they’ll have an analog audio jack for sure.

I bought a PS4 controller for my PC and the headphone functionality does not work as well as it’s supposed to. It’s very confusing.