Headset recommendations with two people in same room

So,
I’ve started a weekly DnD group with my GF, both my kids, and my GF’s brother. All this is through Roll20 (Just a virtual meeting thing with roleplaying game application).

My issue is, that both my GF and I are in the same room while playing, which leads to some audio being picked up by both our microphones. Currently she is using a decent headset, but I am just using a headset without microphones, and thus use the laptops microphone, which is probably leading to the issues.

So - I figure there must be headsets with audio that are great at cutting out other people and just letting one persons talking be what is head, but I really dont know how to search for this online.

Has anyone tried something like, and have a good input? Thanks!

This is slightly out of line with what you’re asking, but if you have an RTX card, would this help?

oh - that could help!

I do wonder how a graphics card can help eliminate noise? But yeah, I have a 2070 Super, which I assume is an RTX card. Thanks!

edit: Thats a 1070 since this is on my laptop, of course!

Yeah - I think most of what you’re asking for can be done via software. Discord has some settings that does a decent job of filtering out background noise, so I’d just get a decent pair of headphones w/ mic and not worry about it too much.

That is 100% your issue. ANY USB headset with a mike will be better. You can also reduce the mike volume a tad, and get pop filters for the mike which will help. But a dedicated mike will make a noticeable difference.

Definitely a premium priced solution, but the Astro A50s have a customizable noise gate level. You can set it to 4 different levels, which should allow you to tune it so your girlfriend’s voice doesn’t trigger your mic.

Nearly 8000 4+ star reviews!

As usual its probably best to always be a little skeptical of online reviews…

eg Reviewmeta result
review1

And that analysis is a week old, meaning the headset has received 600 “ratings” in 7 days, which seems like quite a lot. However 15% doesn’t look too bad.

If you want to be fancy, get a modmic to attach to your existing headphone, or get a cheap $10 zalman mic to attach to your existing headphones.

Looking for a better headset / mic combo , Wirecutter seems to like these. Trying to stay under $100. HyperX Cloud II - Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/?coliid=ILVD67MQ4KRWE&colid=LAGD1MNF53O6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anything better out there at this price point?

Needs to have:
Wired USB
Cloth ear cups
No RGB

I’m pretty happy with a Razer Kraken headset. Its comfy and has good sound (though I’m no audiophile).