Hearthstone Battlegrounds DUOs, the autobattler mode, now with CoOp fighting!

I was looking for a thread but aside from the old basic hearthstone thread this game doesn’t seem to have one, and I feel it would be really a disservice to it to bury it there.
Only @vyshka and myself seem to have mentioned the mode anywhere at all.

Battlegrounds is an autobattler mode inside the Hearthstone client. It is, mirroring Legends of Runeterra, actually more popular by now than base Hearthstone. It also is (with one medium inconvenience exception) free to play and doesn’t require cards or packs or anything.
Combats are phase based (units act one after the other, instead of all doing their thing in real time at the same time).

One big advantage it has over other autobattlers is that they -really- mix it up every few months. They added a bunch of tribes in early development; only half of which now appear in any given game. This provides notable diversity within a given season. On top of that each season has one big overarching theme gimmick that greatly warps gameplay as well.

The most recent one, just released and the reason for me making this thread, is DUOs mode.

You can join up with a friend or queue and get a random person. Since all of my friends staunchly refused to play a Hearthstone autobattler I did the latter. And unsurprisingly the coordination is as terrible, awkward and cumbersome as expected. You can only communicate with a couple of emotes.
I also found it hugely entertaining and very enjoyable because of those hurdles however and highly recommend any fan of autobattlers to try it out.

Here are two streamers trying the mode out.

youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfabS1344KI

WTF am I looking at?

The two streamers, duh! :P

One of them uses an animated face replacement thingy. Which in that video happens to be… a muscular potato.