Hearthstone - Blizzard's F2P Digital Card Game

Well, that and that the runs are super-reliant on RNG. You don’t get the right choices of artifacts or card sets for your playstyle, and you’re Kobold chow.

Yeah. That too.

I’ve had terrible luck with spell casting classes. I’ve cleared it with Hunter and Warrior, both times just keeping my board full of big minions.

I had one good run with the Shaman with the Wax Golem and the artifact that makes death rattles trigger twice. I’ve get the golem down then in a few turns have a board full of immortal 5/1 minions. I lost that run to the Trapped Room when I couldn’t draw the wax Golem

I’m 2/9 on boss 8 victories so far. I’ve completed the run with Mage and Hunter. I’m hearing that Warrior is the hardest but I haven’t tried that yet.

Logged in this morning and realized I had no new daily quest. Apparently there’s a bug…if your quest is missing, you have to log out of Battle.net completely (not just close the launcher, but actually log out) and then log back in.

I completed Paladin with a silver hand / buffs deck, with the +1 mana and the enemy +1 minion cost relics. Those are basically aggro-made-easy relics.

But a previous attempt at basically the same deck lost against the Kobold wth the hero power that pings random enemies with damage, because I just couldn’t keep a body on the board.

I tried aggro decks because I found myself losing a number of attempts on the first or second boss due to running out of cards.

I don’t spend real life money on Hearthstone. If I can’t buy it with ingame gold, I don’t buy it.

Only money I’ve spent in Hearthstone is a couple of bucks way back when it first came out, largely just because you got some kind of bonus for doing a paid Arena run at the time. But I don’t play high-level ladder stuff.

My wife and I pre-order every expansion. More cards = more variety. We don’t strive for competitive perfection, but variety.

Perma-stealth + Mal’ganis was fun…

I start collecting for the next expansion right after release of the current one. I had 7500 saved up plus the 5 or so free packs you get so I get around 80 free packs. Buy a card or three from dust and I do the best I can, usually rank 15ish. At around 300 saved for the spring pack already.

My son just opened me a gold Lord Jaraxxus from this weeks brawl pack. Should I dust him and craft a good legendary or 4 good epics? A golden hero is so cool though.

Jaraxxus is still a top tier card. It’s overshadowed right now because the Warlock Deathknight is absolutely phenomenal, but DKs will rotate out at some point… although that won’t be until April 2019, so…

If you don’t have the Warlock DK then I’d suggest holding on to Jaraxxus at least until you get one. It offers huge amounts of value due to the hero power alone, not to mention the weapon and heal potential.

Anyone still playing this in this forum? Can add me to the friend’s list as I’m getting back into it.

Hereafter#11728

Do you play on the US server or another?

It’s a great game in many ways, and I’m glad you’re enjoying it. But I’m not going to be playing for a while.

I picked it up a couple weeks ago and played for about a week, but I just wasn’t as into it. Playing casually, I feel like I’ll never earn most of the cards in the current Standard set, and then they’ll all be removed from Standard and I’ll have to start over again. Also, after dabbling in Gwent and Elder Scrolls Legend, it was jarring to come back to Hearthstone with its multiple legendaries with random effects.

What I most like about Hearthstone is the skirmishing among ordinary minions for control of the board in the early and midgame. I don’t really enjoy the end phase, when each player slaps down as many big legendaries as they can. I feel cheesy when I win that way.

Americian Server

From what I used to play (Rank 1-5), it’s usually not that way.

Slapping down legendaries is what the old Elise used to do, but you find it’s usually not the case now.

Hearthstone right now is about cheating out 10 mana minions on turns 4-6. I lucked into opening the cards to build one of those decks so I’m still playing, but every game right now is the same 4 decks. Dude Paladin, Cubelock, Dragon Priest, or Secret Mage. I have Secret Mage, and it’s the weakest of these 4. I have a Dragon Priest deck that is sub-optimal but it still wins a lot of games.

There are 9 classes in Hearthstone but I never see the other 5.

Thank fucking heaven that my wife enjoys playing this, because the meta right now is full of insufferable garbage. The only time this game delivers at the moment is playing hand-crafted off-meta decks vs friends and family that are doing the same.