Hearthstone - My Arena Run - Help Wanted!

Same as folks above – BoK is good, but AP may be a little better here.

Also agreed that you should skip any brain-dead picks to save yourself time.

The problem is there is no such thing as a brain dead pick for me, AP will be the pick next coming soon.

I would take the Argent Protector too. I like minions.

Can you update a list of what cards you’ve got so far, as we go?

The screenshot is uncropped, so it includes both the decklist at the right and the mana curve at the bottom. The latter in particular will be helpful in my opinion. But it is kinda hard to read the decklist…might want to either type it out separate or just make the SSs a little bigger.

Oh duh. :)

When I said I like minions, I forgot to add that I like cheap minions.

Okay, Argent Protector. Made screenshot a little bigger, let me know if you can’t read the deck list and I’ll just type it out.

I think this is slam dunk, Consecration? If a few agree I’ll move on.

Yep.5

I like the wolf a lot but it’s hard not to pick Consecration while it’s right here in our faces on the third pick. Shouldn’t we be waiting for Trung’s opinion? :)

Yeah, Consecration is one of the reasons to play Pally.

Consecration picked.

Acolyte of Pain? I’m pretty sure the Frostwolf Grunt isn’t a possibility, anyone for the Gnomish Inventor?

Hmm. Acolyte will most likely only draw 1 card since you won’t have a way to damage him as a Paladin, and it’s vulnerable to silence. Inventor is a guaranteed card and slightly better stats. But as Quaro mentioned, there are a lot of good 4 mana Pally cards, so Inventor might crowd the 4s. I think either one is fine… I’d probably go with Inventor.

AoP. Either you draw at least one card or a silence gets used on a 1/3. Also, if you can buff it, it’s even better (and you’re a Paladin with plenty of time to draw another, say, BoK…)

Also, yes, Pally cards tend towards 4. So.

The Acolyte is slightly better because of the 4 drop situation. Plus, the Blessing of Kings would synergize nicely with him.

The other thing about the Acolyte is that he draws removal. A turn 2 Acolyte can win you games…

Edit: He might also draws a silence on him which would be great since he can easily kill the owl. So he will be effectively trading 1 for 2.

Acolyte for reasons already stated.

Im going inventor, no easy way to activate the acolyte
Also silence and kodo, inventor will always get a card

Both are really good though :)

Tough choice between Acolyte and Inventor. I like that the Inventor will always draw a card and is slightly tougher to start with. But the acolyte is also a target for removal / silence which can leave some of your other cards unscathed later. Also, it works with the mana curve situation mentioned above. It’s slow though and won’t be activated easily for you. Hmmm… This early in the draft, it’s hard to tell. I think Acolyte would be the one for me.

Wendelius

A poor choice here. Gnomish Inventor is the pick though, the Acolyte is just a wasted turn 3 giving tempo straight to your opponent who will almost certainly kill. Only (barely) usable in mage decks. The gnome has a similar problem (compare to Yeti) but at least has a chance to survive.

So looks like Acolyte was winning 5-3 so went with it.

Next, I would go with the Truesilver Champion, the other two don’t seem that great.

It’s a no-brainer, Truesilver Champion.

What Starlight said.

Wendelius