Hearts of Iron 4 announced

Dev Diary is up and discusses the Chinese Warlords.

The new border war mechanics sound interesting. Also nice that the warlords can use the political influence system to vie for control of China.

Still hoping for a “here’s how we fixed all of your most vexing AI problems” DD.

I think in the past they start doing AI related DDs (or dual dev diaries) as they approach release. Those have been some of the most interesting ones to me, so hopefully we see something similar with this expansion!

China sounds like it is going to be an interesting country to play. I wonder what happens if Japan conquers it?
I’m surprised they haven’t given us a release date yet.

Every since the game first came out, I’ve been salivating over a China update. It was so ripe for additional mechanics and detail, I’m glad it’s finally arriving!

I hear you on the release date. Once they put the pre-orders up, I was really hoping this would be out before my Christmas vacation because it’d be a great time to really dig into the new expansion. Looks like we’ll have to wait for the new year, though.

If you watched the dev stream, you wouldn’t, there’s a lot missing a a lot of balancing to do. It’ll be a lot of fun, though.

Oh, I don’t want them to release what they have now. I just wish development was further along and that it was all finished up before Christmas, so I could make my girlfriend feel neglected and spend countless hours driving tanks around Europe – just as Jesus intended!

LOL, you go boy!

Japan rework details are up in today’s dev diary.

They look very cool. I can’t believe that haven’t even given us a release date yet. I want the damn game.