Heaven or Hell: Talking About Guilty Gear

Last time I played I couldn’t get past level 7. But I was playing Faust. I’ve been playing Axl and I’m still mostly on 5-6. Let’s see how I fare with Jack-O’. ;)

Have all the bad players just stopped playing? xD

This is normal for any fighting game, the players drop out from the bottom up. Losing all the time isn’t fun.

I actually do play higher than my recommended level mostly and even win a bit of the time, but since they don’t let you play on higher levels than you’ve “unlocked,” will you just eventually be completely unable to move up? The way they’ve chosen to implement ranked is a bit baffling.

They let you play on higher levels , except for celestial, which will always be hard to get into. You can go up to floor 10 no problem

The skill differene between 10 and celestial is a large gap though As such it’s an unfun time where you have to cherry pick matches.

BTW I recommend this mod for Strive. It reduces loading time for me by 60-70%, after the first run.

Oh, I thought higher levels were locked until you earned them. Lower level are locked until you suck enough.

Are there any guides you can recommend? There are a lot of videos out there, but I don’t know which is best to look at. Native English speaker definitely preferred, unless there are some wicked japanese tutorials out there with subtitles.

twitter.com/superdebico gives good advice in general.

Also perhaps the discords for the character you’re trying to learn? Deb mostly focuses on Sol.

I’ve kinda fallen into Chipp.

I tried Jack-O’ and yeah, I suppose I’ll stick with Axl for the time being. I might try Nago at some point. I’m trying to not play with Sol or Leo because they’re too gorilla.

And I might play a bit more with Faust. I really like Faust, but even good players struggle with him, and I’m a mediocre player at best. We’ll see.