Hellboy

Pancakes? HE IS LOST TO US!

His horns ARE kinda lame. Di he lose them in a bet or something?

Also, the character in the movie seems to have more humor so far than Hellboy in the comic Thierry linked to. Though the writing of the strip itself showed very good dark humor.

No, he cut them off. Briefly when he turned evil in one story arc they regrew. Spectacular, but not convenient.

Hellboy has a lot of dark humor, usually coming from Hellboy himself. In that vein, the lines from the trailer I think are pretty much spot on.

— Alan

Looks like there are download links here: Movie Trailers - Apple TV

what impressed me most was how cool Hellboys voice was.

although the lower face makeup looks too solid, and lifeless when he does talk

This is exactly what my wife said when I told her that they’re making a Hellboy movie.

I can’t see it fitting in with an action movie, but just two minutes of the pancake sequence (which was, what? a page in the original?) would make it worth the $8 movie ticket right there.

It was either in the original or a DHP. Can’t remember.

Pretty sure it was in a DHP.

I made it into the movie!! yah! I’m in the trailer too! I’m the guy that is looking up out of the hole in the wall (among other background shots in the trailer). It’s cool to see it onscreen!!! I have no idea how popular the movie will end up being, but I can say that it was really fun working on it.

brian

I can’t wait much longer.

For those interested in such things, the trailer for both Hellboy and Resident Evil Apocalypse are both on the Once Upon a Time in Mexico DVD that’ll be out Tuesday.

Finally saw the trailer in the theater during previews for Torque (had to kill 2 hours).

Very interesting, I’m looking forward to it.

I think I want to learn a bit more about the character so I’m going to ask for some reading tips over in the Comic forum.

Did those two hours have to die in the most painful way imaginable? Man, the late winter/early spring film stretch is a bitch.

Never read Hellboy.

But I do know that Selma Blair is smokin’ hot. She’d still be, even if she didn’t snog with Buffy.

David Hyde Pierce doesn’t sound too odd a choice. Judging by how CG his character is, he’s basically just providing the voice. He’s done that a few times in some big budget animation flicks.

(edited to add: upon viewing the bigger, higher-res quicktime trailer, it looks like DHP is in a suit. Not a CG character).

From what I saw in the trailer, Abe (that’s the fish guy) wasn’t so CG’d. They had some pretty nice makeup. Doug, the guy in the suit, had 4 hours of it every day and couldn’t see for shit! he kept bumping into all kinds of things. It was pretty funny. I think it’s too bad that they didn’t use doug’s voice because I know he worked pretty hard on it.

brian

Okay, so I sitting here watching the trailer, being really enthused about the 4/2 release date, and then a horrible thought hits me. The movie looks fun, but the coloring and atmosphere and other terms Tom would know but I never will seem very similar to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a movie that was extraordinary only in the scope of it’s failure to properly use the talent that starred in it.

I’m not trying to jinx it, really I’m not, but have we heard any buzz about this flick aside from the trailer?

The buzz from those who have seen a decent amount of footage (the net fanboy sites like CHUD and AICN) has been great. Evidently it should be every Hellboy fan’s wetdream. Whether it can crossover to mainstream popularity is a different matter…

Abe isn’t that much CG at all from what I understand, he’s costume like Hellboy, and CG when he needs to be.

Considering I never disliked LXG in the first place, Hellboy to me looks pretty good. And, unlike LXG, I’ve read the comic.

— Alan

bump

It’s getting close, now!