Hellboy

I actually knew nothing about this film until I recently saw the preview. I must say it looks really good. This looks to be a very good summer for movies.

Comes out april 2nd. can’t wait. Hope it does well.

I’m unbelievably excited about this movie, I’m a big fan boy.

Oh yeah. That’s NASCAR weekend here in Dallas, and I know a couple of guys who are going to go to the Nextel race, so we may head over to the theater, watch the 3D NASCAR IMAX movie, then catch Hellboy at the same place. Sounds like a good idea.

I’m not a huge NASCAR fan, but I’d be willing to see it on the big, big screen with some 3D stuff thrown in.

Anyway - yeah, Hellboy looks really good, I hope/fear. One of the larger changes is that Selma Blair’s character is a lot more developed in the movie (even a semi-love interest).

— Alan

This was posted by someone at another discussion forum I frequent.

[i]'Skipping ahead to say, I saw Hellboy tonight, and the first words out of my mouth after “Wow, they are so lucky Ron Perlman exists” were “This is what the League movie should have been like.”

It was, in a word, awesome. There wasn’t a single frame that wasn’t fun to watch.’[/i]

I so hope that’s true. Can’t wait to find out.

I Can’t wait to see myself in this movie!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Now that it is about to be released and I can afford to get excited, I decided to check this thread out. I saw the trailer and said to myself, gosh that looks like Ron Perlman, but he has to be 60 by now. Can he pull off an action flick? I guess I just assumed he was old already.

I hope this does not suck as I do not get out much to the movies anymore and am going to attempt to get a pass from the wife for this one.

my wife and I are going to see it at 8 at the rave in vestavia hills, you should join us TYLER

‘Hellboy’ Survives 6 Years of Hollywood

Thank christ for Del Toro.

Good article EJ! Favorite quote:

Then they would suggest things like, Can he have a Hellmobile?' Can he have a dog? A pet dog that comes from hell and is red?’

I would love to…but, wife working, I’ve got the litte 'un. You think a 3 year old little girl would be welcome in Hellboy.

“Too loud Daddy, too loud.”

Thanks for the invite. Working full time and being Mr. Mom on many nights and weekends sucks ass sometimes.

Saw it today at the first showing. It was a pretty packed theater for a 11 am showing.

My opinion, honestly, I’m a bit dissapointed. However my expectations were so high. Its still good, glad i saw it and hope it does well. Its best when the main characters are interacting with each other. Its rather flat when they are off by themselves battling monsters.

“Mmmm…nachos…”
:D

what happened to the bald guy at the end? the one who liked being on tv. did he die, escape, or what? last thing i remember is him telling hellboy to get up there as it was getting “spooky”.

SPANISH RECIPES

Don’t leave when the credits start to roll.

about 24 hours too late for that… :)

CHEVROLET EPICA SPECIFICATIONS

Don’t leave when the credits start to roll.

Fuck! I knew it!.. I told my friends we shouldnt have left right away.

What did I miss?

I HAD to leave. I could barely walk upright out of the theatre. Curse you giant blueberry slushi!!!

I expected more comedy, too many of the lines fell on their face. Still quite a few connected, and those where pretty good.

Man oh man. I can’t remember the last time I so wanted to just get up and walk out of the theater. Actually, I can. It was when I had to sit through SPAWN.

What a horrible mess this movie is! I’ve never read the comics so don’t have any particular baggage or prejudices on that score, but viewed in its own right this is one of the most incoherent, witless and just plain boring comic-book movies in recent memory.

The pacing is awful, with main characters that seem to float in and out of the story at random and a plot that just meanders from one uninspired action sequence to the next with virtually no sense of rising tension or urgency. There’s just no narrative backbone to the movie, it’s trying to do too many things at once and as such it totally fails to hold your interest from once disjointed scene to the next, while the tone wobbles uncomfortably from comedy to action to to horror while somehow managing to never strike any of those chords with any resonance.

The humor, in particular, seemed to fall totally flat. You’d think with a big cigar-chomping demon as your main character there would be ample opportunities for some great character-driven humor. So where was it? I saw it in a packed theater and can barely remember the movie raising so much as a giggle from the audience.

What I do remember is seeing an inordinate amount of little blue glowing screens in the seats below me as people regularly checked their cellphones for the time/messages/whatever – a sure sign that the film isn’t holding their attention. When the credits rolled there was a minor smattering of applause from what I imagine was a group of Hellboy geeks in the front row, but for the most part people just filed out mumbling about comments along the lines of “What the hell was THAT?”

Waste of money.