Help Choosing a Pre-built Gaming PC Please

Me too, except “hate how” in place of “love”.

Brilliant!
Luckily for me, I only need to drill 60 in this old thing.

Gah! So I got an email from EVGA that the video card I want is available for pre-order:

Between the time it takes me to GO GET MY WALLET AND COME BACK TO THE PC, it’s out of stock and removed from my cart.

GAH.

Too slow! ;)

$1350? Goodness :)

Did you check to see if it was actually in stock? Might have been already by the time you got the email.

It was in my cart. Ugh.

That card, alone, costs ~25% more than my entire <1 year old gaming PC + monitor (1440P, 144hz).

Enthusiast prices are nuts.

I am telling ya man, get a EVGA 1080ti, and step up in the 90 day window if it isn’t cutting it. Its not like you are gonna lose any money doing that.

$700 now vs like $1350.

Look $749 , free shipping , no tax, one of their best cards.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1411043-REG/evga_11g_p4_6796_kr_geforce_gtx_1080_ti.html

Brian is powering an actual starship with that card.

With my luck that 90 day window thing won’t work. I can wait. Kinda. ;)

Entire FLEETS, my friends.

$1350? This is not the behavior of the Amish.

YUS!!!

I’d be willing to pay 3 times your sales tax for a video card Brian. :-)

It’s great that you can afford to do that because no doubt it will be really cool! I hope someday soon you can strap on some VR gear and feel like your flying a space ship, because that card has gotta be good enough to power VR!

YOLO!!!

Also more than the new i7 8700k PC I built last week. I blame this thread.

Kept the GTX 970 and the hard drives, but everything’s nice and smooth now. I had no idea that there were USB ports with adjustable voltages now.

What do you need to spend to get a decent upgrade from a NVidia GTX 970 (which is what I have now)? I’m guessing I stick with it for a while based on the prices I’ve seen for the new stuff.

1070! Clue’s in the name :)

Wait and see what the 2060 / 1160 is like.