Help Choosing a Pre-built Gaming PC Please

Brian, you should wait until the benchmarks come out for Intel 9th gen, you can pick up the new i5 for a similar price and it should be just as quick if not quicker.

Nah, I’m good.

AMD’s chip is better at multi threaded performance tho, which is what Brian probably needs since he streams and podsurfs and stuff.

http://hwbench.com/cpus/intel-core-i5-9600k-vs-amd-ryzen-7-2700x

Both the Intel 9600k and the AMD 2700x are retailing for $279.xx give or take. :)

If I was upgrading today, I’d go 2700x without question. Multi-core is finally being adopted by games. (I mean games using more than 4 cores).

That I9-9900k mentioned in the link above is a horrible value for your money, all to say your CPU is 12-15% faster than AMD.
$200+ dollars more for 12-15% performance! D:

Are there any actual gaming benchmarks of both chips yet?

Yeah Intel set up some with one of its own companies, then got in trouble for using half ass methods to test the AMD chips. Claimed 50% better performance, and the reviewers of the internet cried out LIES!

They then re-did the study, and the 12% number came out.

Is the attachment the updated ones as these still show a significant performance boost in games for intel? I would still wait for a hardware site to run some real world benchmarks which should hopefully be some time this week.

Yeah the higher clocks of the intel cpu help with cpu limited games no doubt.

But 12% for $200 more is not a good value. :)

I am actually thinking of a 2700x upgrade early next year, get back on my 2 year upgrade cycle and hand me down my old pc to a family member.

@BrianRubin did you consider a Asrock board by chance? I prefer them myself as they have more USB and SATA connections.

Never even heard of them, but now that I’ve looked at that one, I think it’ll do me much better than the Gigabyte in terms of its layout.

Ah cool, yeah I have a 2 year old Asrock z270 taichi that has been great so far. Plus it has less RGB led madness.

Oh it has a PS2 port! YAY!

I thought you’d like that! :D

Saves a USB port for other things! Yay!

I think you’ll be fine!

Plus you will have the front ones on your case.

Wait, looking at your build specs, why are you getting a 1000 watt psu? D:

This would save you a 70 bucks and be far more than sufficient:

And I like that case you picked, minimalist FTW!

The 2080 Ti I’m getting needs lot of juice, so I just want a little left over for future needs. ;)

There is one thing you get from the super high clocked single thread Intel chips, which is better emulation. In particular for Wii and Gamecube emulation that extra bit of overhead really makes a difference.

But…I already have an actual GameCube-compatible Wii.

One reason…

I don’t know what that is!

Wii games in an emulator at higher resolution and video quality.

Anyone got any thoughts on iBuyPower, specifically their Snowblind box with the LCDs on it?