Help Design Duke Nukem 4 Ever!

I think DNF will be fun. Max Payne and Duke Nukem 3d are both great games. I doubt this game’ll totally suck, although I think many of you want it to. I look forward to playing the game. Until then, there’s so much other stuff to play and keep up with in the game world that I don’t even have to think about DNF.

Good thing EA isn’t developing DNF. That would be like seven years of 60 hour weeks in “crunch mode” so far!

Ha ha – yeah, they’d need necromancy to keep the corpses of the dev team working.

I’d rather have the Geoff Keighley “Behind The Games: The Death Rattle of Duke Nukem Forever” article! There’d be a lot more dirt and… well, not hardball, but at least mediumball… questions in it :-)[/quote]

Jesus. I don’t know what Geoff gets paid per thousand, but one of his standard in-depth Behind the Games style pieces would bankrupt the whole company…

That thread is really sad. Is George the only one left working in 3D Realms ?

Ha ha – yeah, they’d need necromancy to keep the corpses of the dev team working.[/quote]

I think that may actually be the next step for EA - corpses don’t complain!

Do these people actually believe DNF will ever see the light of day?

More importantly…

Given what we know of Broussard, what’s the likelihood he actually tries to implement every single one of these? :)

I’m no developer, but could this post mean that they are for the most part done, and are just putting in “finishing touches”? I mean, instead of being presumptive evidence of lameness?

A few months ago George announced that Duke was “over the hump” and half done. So we’re still a few years off from any serious attempt to make people believe that it’s coming out.

Half done? Does that mean 8 more years or whatever it’s been?

I hope the game runs well on a Voodoo 2.

Ha ha – yeah, they’d need necromancy to keep the corpses of the dev team working.[/quote]
I think that may actually be the next step for EA - corpses don’t complain![/quote]
They would if they worked at EA :shock: :lol:

I highly doubt that.

They’re hiring level designers.

:shock: :roll:

Why bother mentioning it? Because it ain’t over 'til it’s over, pal. And the, ahem, fat lady (if you know who I mean) hasn’t yet sung.

Cheers!
Rob

I’m shocked that gametab hasn’t mentioned this yet, since they closely monitor any and all Duke Nukem Forever news, no matter how insignificant.

Dude, those are jobs working on Prey, not Duke 4. :P

And you know this… how? ;-)
Cheers!
Rob

“Small close-knit company (30 people), that focuses all our efforts on one killer title at a time.”

Hmmm

It’s a five-month old post asking for suggestions for visual filler that can be supplied with scripts. To me, that’s an indication that the game’s near the end of its development and they’re touching up the game world. :)

Peter

Folks, it’s a five-month old post asking for suggestions for visual filler that can be supplied with scripts.

To me, that’s an indication that the game’s near the end of its development and they’re touching up the game world. :)

Peter