Help find me an RPG from the mid 80s

it looks too blocky… and there was no hidden stuff to uncover

I was thinking Adventure Construction Set but didn’t recall potion use so I said nothing. I loved that game on my C64!

grafik
something like this, but I don’t know if adventure construction set came with ready to play adventures. And the background was not black

The Amiga version of the game had color backgrounds, and came with two pre-made adventures.

while we are here. There is another game I would like to find. I have more details. It is like some horror castle with Frankenstein monsters as main enemies, and there were electrical switches you could pull. It was a puzzle-like game (like loderunner)… also on C64. Any names?

I think it might be Dark Castle:

not enough Frankenstein monsters… and I miss the electric switches. Also it was more black background…

I am 100% it is Castles of Doctor Creep (the name also triggers memories)

recognized it immediately. It looks still good

Dr Creep is a classic. Also one of the best show off games for the SID chip.

the UI was something like this in Warlock, and the font etc… but the levels just don’t look like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOBC_FfwH8

The Great Humbaba is getting serious now!

I’ve been following this thread just recently and loving the nostalgic shots of games I used to play. As for the original question, might it have been Demon Stalkers, which was inspired by Gauntlet?

Demon Stalkers was so, so good.

I just can’t quit this thread

nobody ever came up with suggestions of the other game I was looking for. That one had music by Grieg, In the hall of the mountain king, but it was not the game with the same name. It was also some fantasy type game, but had more(?) fighting in it. Black background and white walls, characters, maybe a druid or wizard type player character … and the music was playing during the game. I searched, but could not find it…

I’m so confused about yours posts. :(

Anyway, I’ll suggest Legend, simply because:

1. It’s not been suggested yet
  2. Every time I think to my self “Hey, what was that RPG that I played on the Amiga that time…” and it’s always Legend.

It doesn’t fit a single one of your criteria, but I suspect that’s why it might be exactly the game you want.

I think we need a concrete list containing all of your thoughts on the game, and also a concrete list of games it’s not. Perhaps update the top post each time you have a revelation?

not top down, I mean the character was displayed from the side, there are some other games that show the char from birds-eye view…

Legend looks fantastic, but the game I am looking for was much simpler looking and not isometric.

Jet Set Willy played Hall of the Mountain King during play.

sadly, not. JSW has a lot of classical music in it, though … I don’t remember that it had much color in it but the music I really remember. It went on and on… it was more similar to Pitfall 2, but less colorful.