Help find me an RPG from the mid 80s

Star Trek: The Kobayashi Alternative

castle-wolfenstein_5

Hot damn, that’s an intriguing start. Why on earth would there be a mailbox in a dungeon? Does the mailman actually go to the dungeon to deliver mail?

Xyphus, Commodore 64. 1984

@Shuma – Woah, that’s a familiar one (“Jade runs away”)! What was that game??

@z22 – I didn’t think anyone in the world played Xyphus (or tried to… I think I got to the second region once) besides me!

I’m here to present a side quest to this main adventure.

For 500 rabbits (or whatever needs to be collected in MMO’s these days), does anyone recall a game that I don’t have much memory of besides 1 piece of text:

TIME AND TIDE WAIT FOR NO MAN

This must have been in the 80’s as well and I remember it was on a cartridge. I don’t remember what system (it wasn’t a C64 but was probably cross platform)

I think it was a stranded spaceship that you needed to get going again but it may have also been a yak that needed feeding … it was a loooong time ago.

Magic mailbox

The CRPG Addict did a whole writeup on it. He wasn’t a fan. I always found the box art intriguing but never played it.

Looks like it never came out on Apple II, so… I have no idea how I played this.

I wonder if it was on a demo at some store. I must have gotten to fiddle with it for an hour or so, because it really ingrained itself.

That doesn’t look like a VT100 terminal…

The alphabet is so life-like.

UPPS: United Parcel Prisoner Services.

It’s “Dungeon,” of course, the original version of Zork, in case ppl were curious

“Dungeon” is the name of the game but you’re not in a dungeon at the beginning

Castle of the Winds (Moby Games) came to mind based on your original post. Dude with a sword navigating exits. However, it doesn’t fit the bill since it was available on Windows and does scroll.

It couldn’t be one of the Stuart Smith games before Adventure Construction Set?

Return of Heracles

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves