Help find me an RPG from the mid 80s

sadly, not. JSW has a lot of classical music in it, though … I don’t remember that it had much color in it but the music I really remember. It went on and on… it was more similar to Pitfall 2, but less colorful.

Help me find my imaginary friend…

It reminds me of Larn, but it may have been another game that had more color in it.

https://youtu.be/PFZDrOCLX2Y?t=11

LARN! My first true PC addiction. My college roommate’s high school buddy came home from college in the midwest in December 87 and gave my roommate a copy of Larn from the college servers on floppy disc (the 5 inch kind) and we proceeded to play THE SHIT out of Larn for Spring Semester 88. Naked Permanence Lance of Death runs, baby! Wooooooooooooooooo!

Though neither is an RPG, newbrof’s descriptions resonate with two games I had on opposite side of the same disk for my Atari 800 and 130XE:

Nadral, which has potions and colorful backgrounds and is German:

and Necromancer, which has a wizard guy:

I played Dark Castle and its sequel on the Mac (in reverse order, actually) and they were awesome stuff. On the Mac those little dudes waving their arms and walking back and forth made the most annoying sound, like “nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah” but really high pitched and fast. The graphics were monochrome, just black and white pixels and dithers thereof to create shades of gray, but they were a crisp 640x480 even on the classic Macs’ 9-in monitor.

This it?

Did anyone ask if the little wizard looks like this?

1102_screen21

I’m just going to pretend the game you’re looking for is Crystalis because Crystalis is awesome

Hell yeah it is.

:( sad

oh gosh, the thread got bumped and the pain came back again. I try to forget, it’s lost forever …