Help me figure out which movie (or mini series) this is

I remember seeing this when I was a kid, so it’s probably from the eighties or earlier. The basic premise is a feud between two business men, spanning decades. One is the owner of a hotel chain, and the other owns a bank. I seem to remember that the feud was started by the banker not granting the hotel guy a loan or something like that. Sadly, I can’t remember any of the actors, although I feel that I know who at least some of them are (as in I’d recognize their names).

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I’d love to watch it again.

I have no idea, but in searching some of the key words, I found this:

I’ve never heard of it, and I’m not sure how much it really resembles your description. But I kind of want to see it now, so that’s something, right?

It’s a Wonderful Life.

(Sorry, don’t know for real)

…which in turn says that it was turned into a miniseries in 1985. So there you go.

I saw that; still unsure whether it matches. It does have similarities …

I think that’s it! Thanks a bunch nijimeijer!

Embarrassingly, I actually thought that Sam Neill might have been in it, but I dismissed that idea after quickly browsing his filmography. I guess this title just didn’t ring a bell.

Now to go see if it’s available on dvd. :)

Matador? ;-)

Haha, yeah, that actually almost fits the bill, too. It was Kane & Abel, though, and I just finished re-watching it.