Help me find a non-annoying ringtone

I just need a nice subtle ring tone. I don’t want it to sound like something else. I don’t want wind chimes, or a guitar chord, or an old fashioned telephone ring, as comparatively un-annoying as they might be. I don’t want a song of any kind. I just want a pleasantly abstract tone. The closest thing I can think of would be the “bing” sound we associate with your captain turning on the fasten safety belts sign. And of course it has to sound reasonable when it repeats.

Anyone got any good sound effects they can point me to? Surely there’s some videogame UI sound you immediately thought of that you’d like to recommend. Anyone?

vibrate

I keep my phone on vibrate all the time, so I made a custom ringtone of a song I like in case I ever take it off vibrate, so I’ll recognize that it’s my phone. But I can usually hear it vibrating even when I leave it on my desk and watch TV.

Surely you want the Crackdown agility orb sound.

A coworker had the sound of seagulls play as his ringtone. It was just about the only ringtone where everyone would consistantly sit back and sigh happily, like for a second we were all at the beach.

Vibrate is actually more annoying than a lot of ringtones if you leave it sitting on your desk or something. BRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT-BRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT-BRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT.

I might go with the Crackdown orb (already had that on my computer but didn’t think of it), and yeah, seagulls are on the right track, but because I’m being difficult, I still want something that’s not just a sound something else makes.

The “doorbell” sound from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Heh, that seagull thing reminds me of when the starlings learned to imitate the sound of the chirping walk signals for blind people. You probably want a ringtone that doesn’t just sound different from other cellphones.

You want one of those calming female voice-over voices, saying “Wholly Schmidt, your phone is ringing”.

The meeting reminder tone from Outlook?

Get one of these.

I always switch my phone to the ringtone that sounds like a phone ringing otherwise it takes me 2 months to realise that any other noise is my phone.

Tubular Bells (the theme from The Exorcist) suits me well.

I would use this one but I really like my Marvin Gaye “Heard it through the grapevine” tone. The geico one would make sure I answered the phone as soon as humanly possible :)

http://www.parrygripp.com/wimpy/This%20Is%20My%20Ringtone.mp3

Awesome :) In fact I think I’ll install it on my 18 year old son’s phone. That oughta get me killed.

I have the murloc aggro sound from Wow as my ringtone.

I have the CTU ringtone. Got bored of the Kill Bill whistle :)

I used the default Android chime (which is quite nice) and then the Achievement Unlocked and Agility Orb sounds for awhile.

Does anyone have the scanner sound, that “ping” sound, from the new Star Trek movie?

Bittersweet Symphony

Then laugh for the rest of the day when people are whistling the notes from their cube.