Help Me Understand Xbox 360 DLC DRM

So here’s my question: Is there any way to have your profile on multiple 360s? In other words, if I get a second 360 for the basement, can I go down there and play games just like I’d play them upstairs or would I have to cart a stupid memory card around to do that?

A memory card is your best bet, or you’ll have to recover your gamertag each time you switch, which is an even bigger pain in the ass (they apparently run their profile download servers off of 300 baud modems).

To the OP, wumpus posted about this on his blog like 3 err… hours ago.

Oh wait.

Like Fugitive said, when you first start playing 360 games, “recovering your profile from Xbox Live” is a really easy way to do it. Just enter your Gamertag, email and password, and it recovers your profile by downloading it from the Xbox live servers. When I didn’t own a 360 of my own, this was really convenient. I’d go to one friend’s house and recover my profile there. Then I’d go to someone else’s place and recover it there. Then I’d leave Seattle to go on vacation and recover my profile in Milwaukee, then Chicago, then St. Louis, then Birmingham, then other places. I traveled a lot, and I always downloaded my profile.

It was also a comfort knowing that I can only have one active profile. Otherwise my nephew in Birmingham could log in as me and start spending my Microsoft points. If there’s one decision I absolutely love about the way they handled this situation, its the fact that you can only have one active profile anywhere.

Unfortunately, as I traveled and played more games, even though I got really fast at entering my Gamertag, email and password using their interface, my Xbox Live profile continued to grow, and take longer and longer.

Fugitive’s statement about them using slow servers to store Xbox Live profile information is no exaggeration. Once you’ve played more than about 12 games on the 360, the account recovery time starts getting long. And around 20 games or so, it starts getting unreasonable. I’ve played a lot more than that, so for me at this point, it’s pretty much impossible to use the recovery process. Storing it on a memory card is much more reasonable. Just pop it into the 360 you want to use, and voila, you’re set.

Wow, that is seriously lame. I think I just cancelled my plans to buy a second 360, because I know that in reality, I’d just leave the memory card in my main console and then never ever use the other one.

Plus saved games! If I could just put them on a network share or something, that’d be great, but obviously that won’t happen ever.

The DRM tool is now available.

I mean if you guys are just giving out your GH codes then hook a bro up? 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

You may want to go back in time 11 years

Lol was worth a shot 🤷‍♂️ just recently came across my old 360 and found my classic rock pack so I been jamming

I miss DJ Hero

Yes it was a pretty great game for it’s time