My old PC is working pretty well for us, but now we want to buy an Oculus Rift and it’s craning it’s neck up gazing at the minimum requirements so time for an upgrade. Obviously I’d like to reuse as many components as possible.
Here are my specs:
- Intel Core i5 2500K (1155 - The compatibility tool says it meets the minimum requirements but I’m not convinced.
- Asustek P8P67 Pro - I’m guessing if the CPU goes, this goes as well?
- 8 GB DDR3 - will these work with a modern MB?
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti - this goes away
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB - please say this can stay
- Samsung 103SJ 1TB - same
Assuming I only replace the GPU, will a new RTX 2060 fit in an older MB?
Should I expect any problems fitting a new motherboard into a 7 year old case. Hopefully these stayed more or less the same…
Thanks in advance all. There’s an 11 year old very keen on me building this as fast as possible :)