Help.. problems w/ NoLF 2 and MS optical mouse

I’ve been playing NoLF 2 for about 2 weeks now (off an on) and all of a sudden my mouse has gone wacky!

What happens is when I’m moving Kate and I look left/right or up/down my mouse will keep going. So if Im looking left I’ll do a full circle until I grab the mouse myself. If I look down Kate will start to go into a circle. The mouse moves Kate very erratically.

I did a couple of downloads today. I DL windows update and I DL new drivers http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2 for my Gigabyte KT400 mobo. Could the download be the problem?

I’ve tested other games and it seems like it only does it when playing NoLF 2. And I’ve tried unpluging/repluging my moue w/ no avail.

help would be appreciated. :)

Update your mouse software and maybe try another USB port or swap to the PS/2 port adapter and see if it helps.

– Xaroc

Do you have a joystick enabled or something like that?

Also, my optical mouse was driving me totally insane, and I’d installed, re-installed, tried different ones, blah blah blah, until I realized the problem was… the mouse pad.

Do you have a joystick enabled or something like that?

Also, my optical mouse was driving me totally insane, and I’d installed, re-installed, tried different ones, blah blah blah, until I realized the problem was… the mouse pad.[/quote]

I disabled joystick support within the game and I have an awesome mouse pad. So no problems there.

I’m playing around with the mouse. Hopefully I can figure this out.

Also, despite the “no moving parts,” these optical mice can apparently go wonky.

My MS Intellimouse died last week. Started reporting sporadic results, and sometimes would just go shut down. Swapping ports, trying it on my laptop, etc, had the same result. So it was definitely the mouse.

Went to best buy to buy a replacement and ended up with an “Intellimouse 3.0.” Don’t like it as much – it’s lower profile and not as comfortable.

(Anybody remember the old optical mice that used a special gridded mousepad? Had one of those on my Amiga 1000…)

I also had that happen with the first Logitech dual optical. Just flaked out and died.

– Xaroc

I’ve found that I get accuracy problems occasionally from stray hairs or fluff and such getting trapped within the space of the LED chamber on my Logitech.

But your mouse going wacko in just one game may be more of a USB or a driver problem as some others pointed out.