Help with picking out a new computer

Well (imo) just pick up the BFG brand 7800 GT. They’ve been good to me so far, and have actually real American tech support. Wait times can be long though. I RMA’d my card to them and got it back in a little over a week. As i get older things like warranty become more important as i have less time and less patience to screw with stuff.

Ok thanks for the info. I guess that means I’m getting amd 64 x2 3800+, geforce 7800 gt, coursir 2 gig 3200, asus primium board, now what kind of case would be able to fit all that? And I’m deciding whether or not to get a seta drive.

I used a Sonata II for my case (and it comes with a 450W PSU), but, while I’m quite pleased with it overall, it’s a tight fit in there. The XFX 7800GTX video cards are the width of the mobo and the chassis air guide takes up a lot of interior space. With all the various wiring for the board, the drives, and the various front and rear connections, there’s not much room left in there for air to move. However, there’s no problem with temperature, fan speeds, etc, once the Cool&Quiet functions were implemented and Q-fan turned on in the BIOS. So despite the fit, it’s a fine case (ExtremeTech has a good review of it here if you are interested; I’m not affiliated with Antec or ExtremeTech, btw :wink: ).

The next system I build, though, I’ll be getting a bigger case (unless the components are all smaller). Of course, BTX might eventually hit mainstream and we’ll all be converting, but until then I think I’d go for roomier. For the money, though, you might want to stick with a Sonata II.

ok I got everything picked out now thks to you guys and a friend of mine.

asus premium
athlon 64 x2 3800 +
bfg geforce 7800 gt oc
coursir 2g ddr 400 memory kit
antec p 160 case
enermax eg701 600 v

I might add in a sata drive but not sure yet.