Help With VPN

I’ve been using NordVPN for several months now, and find it essential in Mexico especially, if I want to be able to watch stuff on my PC.

The last couple of days I’ve been unable to access Yahoo without turning it off, and this morning I was unable to get into other sites I visit regularly including Qt3…

Suggestions?

There’s a ton of things that could be at issue, unfortunately. Does NordVPN have multiple servers to choose from? Sometimes switching to a different one can make a difference. My VPN has dozens in various countries, so if I’m having an issue my first troubleshooting step is always to try another server to see if it’s just an issue with the server I was on.

When choosing a country there’s only one hot spot but I think the actual server changes. I don’t think there’s a way to choose a specific server ina country.

In NordVPN’s Windows UI, on the left side is the list of countries (right side shows the map). When you hover over your preferred country in that list, it shows 3 dots on the right. Click the 3 dots for a dialog with a dropdown where you can select a server.

I hope that helps. I’ve also noticed that sometimes NordVPN connections are blocked on individual sites; for instance, GameFAQs recently showed me a page indicating that they have received abuse from that IP address. Not today though.

got it, thanks

Switching on Obfuscated Servers in the Advanced Setting can help if you are finding certain sites not working with Nord.