Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

I find it is really easy to get to 23 VP as the Hapsburg, which is great, but you need 25 to win.

Ottomans deploy Istanbul—>Belgrade.

@CF_Kane

The Duke of Alva and 4 Regulars deploy (via the Bay of Biscay and friendly French spaces) to Worms.

@CraigM

Just to speed things up. I won’t be moving so you can skip my turn.

I am not making any deployment moves

@Panzeh

France sends 2 regulars and 2 mercs to Marsielle with Montmorency. That ends spring deployment.

@Cuthbert’s Ottomans to start the action phase.

Didn’t see the file for the French move, so I went ahead and made it for @Panzeh according to the above. Then I played

for the event.

@CF_Kane your move

The Hapsburgs play Akinji Raiders for 3CPs. They use one to mobilize the fleet, sending it out of port and into various sea zones. The remaining two go to send an explorer to the New World, where he will undoubtedly be lost at sea.

@CraigM is up next.

I mean after you last turn explorers, this would be eminently fair of the dice :)

After careful consideration I must acknowledge the Master of Italy (Mandatory event). Which is no one power, though the French d make a damn fine showing of it and consequently draw 1 card for controlling 2 of the 5 key spaces.

I then am able to conduct 2CP, which I will use to send an explorer of higher caliber with better maps.

@Panzeh

Also note that I just noticed a goof in my log file. I pulled my exploration tile from the game pieces bin, and not the board itself, so have 2 on there. If you would please remove the one next to my explorers so that only the one in the exploration box is left?

Right! I totally forgot they added the “draw a card if you control two keys” condition to Master of Italy in the 500th Anniversary edition of this game. Italy is much more interesting now.

France plays the Clement VII Mandatory event to bring in a new Pope. This gives France 2 CPs. Francis I and his four regulars move into Genoa with 1 CP, and the Papal and French fleets in Rome and Marsielles respectively make a naval move with 1 CP.

On to the Papacy. @Juan_Raigada

Yeah, a lot of the anniversary edition changes were made to strengthen France, as France used to be fairly weak. As well, they wanted to push the action into Italy rather than everything being a Low Countries thunderdome in the three big Western powers.

(never mind, i said something dumb.)

Papacy plays revolt in Ireland for CP and adds 3CP to St. Peter’s.

On to @Tom_Mc

• Logging begun
    <Tom (Protestant)> - fixed up the debaters. Some were out of the pools
  • Luther is committed.
  • Protestant plays Katherina Bora as an event. (Removed from game)
    <Tom (Protestant)> - Katherina gives me 5 reformation attempts Luther is committed.
    <Tom (Protestant)> - 1st attempt is Kassel. 2 prot spaces 2 adjacent prot stacks gives 4. 2 catholic spaces in defense
    ** Protestant rolls 4 d6: 2,2,4,4
    ** Protestant rolls 2 d6: 6,1
    <Tom (Protestant)> - ouch. no deal
    <Tom (Protestant)> - I had also misscalculated. COlogne is not adjacent and I included it in the prot count so I shouldn’t have rolled 4 dice anyway
    <Tom (Protestant)> - 2nd target Munster. Counting more carefully this time 2 prot spaces 1 prot stack against 2 catholic spaces
    ** Protestant rolls 3 d6: 2,5,1
    ** Protestant rolls 2 d6: 6,3
    <Tom (Protestant)> - well the six wins and attempt 2 is also a bust
    <Tom (Protestant)> - number three is stettin. I need a moral builder here. 2 prot spaces 1 stack. Nothing defending for the catholics but you always ge tto roll at least 1 die
    ** Protestant rolls 3 d6: 4,5,5
    ** Protestant rolls 1 d6: 3
  • Stettin reforms.
  • Protestant Spaces: 12
    <Tom (Protestant)> - attempt 4 at Nuremberg. 2 prot spaces 1 prot stack versus 4 catholic spaces and 1 catholic stack
    ** Protestant rolls 3 d6: 3,2,1
    ** Protestant rolls 5 d6: 2,3,2,3,3
    <Tom (Protestant)> - Well good luck finally breaks my way I win on the tied three
  • Nuremberg reforms.
  • Protestant Spaces: 13
    <Tom (Protestant)> - number 5 is making a run at trier. 1 prot space plus 1 stack versus 2 catholic spaces and 1 stack
    ** Protestant rolls 2 d6: 5,1
    ** Protestant rolls 3 d6: 4,4,4
    <Tom (Protestant)> - the five wins
  • Trier reforms.
  • Protestant Spaces: 14
  • Protestants +1 VP, Papacy -1 VP.
  • Protestant score: 4 VP
  • Papacy score: 17 VP
    <Tom (Protestant)> - Card resolved, impulse done.
  • Logfile written.

back to @Cuthbert

@Tom_Mc I don’t see your file in the folder, the last one is the Papacy.

Very sorry. It wasn’t there. I have added it now.

Played Janissaries Rebel for two points, moved all of my boats two spaces. @CF_Kane

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

That being said, I play Indulgence Vendor for the event. Protestant’s discard a card and add the CP value to St. Peter’s.

You can’t keep your boats in the harbor all the time, they have to go out for exercise. Like big wooden doggies.

@Tom_Mc to discard I imagine