Here I Stand Forum Game: The Thread for the Aforementioned Forum Game of Here I Stand

• Ottoman plays Spring Preparations for 3 CP.

• Szegedin is now under Ottoman political control.

<Greg (Ottoman)> - 1 point to move

<Greg (Ottoman)> - One point to control Szegedin

<Greg (Ottoman)> - One point to move to Buda

<Greg (Ottoman)> - Hungarians have 5 units, cannot withdraw inside the fort

<Greg (Ottoman)> - 12 units plus two for Suleiman= 14 dice

<Greg (Ottoman)> - Hungarians have 5 units plus one for being the defender=6 dice

** Ottoman rolls 14 d6 (+0): 6,1,1,4,1,2,5,3,1,5,5,6,2,1

<Greg (Ottoman)> - 5 hits

** Ottoman rolls 6 d6: 6,4,4,6,4,4

<Greg (Ottoman)> - two hits

• 1 Ottoman regular eliminated in Buda.

• 1 Ottoman cavalry eliminated in Buda.

• 1 Hungarian regular eliminated in Buda.

• 4 Hungarian regulars eliminated in Buda.

<Greg (Ottoman)> - As Hungary is not a Hapsburg Ally, the Ottomans control one key of Hungary, and there are 4 or fewer Hungarians left on the map

<Greg (Ottoman)> - Hapsburgs intervene-Hungary and Hapsburg now allied,d Ottoman and Hapsburg now at war

• Hapsburgs and Hungary are now Allied.
  • Ottomans and Hapsburgs are now At War.
    <Greg (Ottoman)> - All Hungarian home spaces with ottoman land units come under Ottoman control
    <Greg (Ottoman)> - Ottomans awarded 2 VP for winning a war
  • Hapsburg score: 16 VP
  • Breslau Brunn Pressburg Mohacs Agram are now under Hapsburg political control.
  • Ottoman earns 2 War Winner VP.
  • Ottoman score: 18 VP

I THINK I did that correctly, please correct me if I got it wrong. Over to @CF_Kane

It is going to take a while for me to move. Not due to any sort of cunning plan—just going to be pretty busy tonight and tomorrow.

Also @Cuthbert, do we have naval units in the same space? If so, they fight a battle immediately.

That’s fine, I’m packing for a last minute camping trip right now.

I do know the card I’ll play and can declare it, but won’t be able to actually, you know, remove it from my hand.

If you are going to be out of contact, you can tell Cuthbert and he can announce for you (I picked Cuthbert because he is furthest away from you in the turn order other than me, who hasn’t played yet). Or we can wait for you to get back, either way is fine with me.

I mean I can declare it, I’ll have access to the internet. Just not my laptop until Sunday

It should be fine as the impacts will not have huge board state implications for most players, and it would make sense at the time.

@CF_Kane so I rolled the following

** Ottoman rolls 4 d6: 2,5,4,4

<Greg (Ottoman)> - Ottomans score one hit

** Ottoman rolls 2 d6: 2,5

We each got one hit, I killed a corsair. Now, the odd hit only kills your ship if you lose the battle. But the rules state that if we get the same number of hits, we both retreat, suggesting that we both lost the battle? So I can’t tell if your ship is destroyed or not. (My ships are destroyed either way, they have nowhere to retreat)

EDIT also if your ship does survive where do you want to retreat

Because you’re the active player when this happens, you’re considered the attacker, and in a tie, the defender wins, so the Hapsburgs keep their ship.

:( okay. File with the naval battle will be up in a minute. He still has to retreat though, per the mid-impulse DOW rules

Okay, it’s uploaded. @CF_Kane

Also, if people need me to do their moves as was discussed upthread, I can, I will be at home most of the weekend.

I am going to play Holy Roman Emperor for 5CPs. Charles and a stack of 4 regulars and one mercenary march to Mainz for four CPs (Vienna->Linz->Regenberg->Nuremburg->Mainz). Charles and Duke of Alva assault with 11 units. I roll 8 dice to the Protestants 4.

@Tom_Mc, any reaction cards, or should I roll it out.

Wow really taking advantage of the peace to be all the bully you can be to me. Man I’m not sure why you are rolling this hard other than that you can. I hope the other players wise up. Reformation is a done deal at this point. All I can do for the game here is dump cards into Germany and help another player to victory any way I can.

Roll it out.

Its not personal, just taking advantage of the circumstances as they are this turn. I’m always happy to discuss what the future of Germany would look like and what the proper political division is.

The battle:

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - Hapsburgs:

** Hapsburgs rolls 8 d6 (+0): 4,3,6,5,4,2,4,4

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - 2 hits.

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - Prots

** Hapsburgs rolls 4 d6: 2,3,2,1

<Chip (Hapsburgs)> - no hits.

I’m assuming you would prefer to lose the Mercenaries for some reason. You have one unit remaining, so the space remains under siege.

Over to @CraigM.

Since that card you played that took one of mine and give it to the St Peter’s, sending Alva and threatening further abuse if I didnt just roll over and capitulate. You dont really get to say its not personal. Each step has been entirely aggressive against me and only me. It’s like that’s what you wanted this peace for. And sure I get you want to make the most of a situation but if you put one faction against the wall like that you’d damn well better expect if a victory is not even a remote possibility they’ll do everything possible to make sure it’s not you on top of the VP chart. At this point I’ll take a Catholic victory over any kind of deal with you.

@CraigM are you still going to declare your card or do your turn yourself?

I’m home, sorry there was a change that required checking the board state as the material impact needed to be verified.

And then Things Happened requiring me to hop on a work call yesterday after I got home.

Preparing turn now.

There has been some rumblings from the middle east that England has caught wind of. There is apparently a revolt in Persia that @Cuthbert must address.

Place 5 units, and any military commanders you wish on the card. You’ll get a shiny VP from it, but until resolved draw -1 card.

File uploaded, @Panzeh your turn post Cuthbert applying proper units.

Uploaded my choice, @Panzeh

If people could stop playing events on me that’d be just SWELL

France plays Gabelle Revolt for 1 CP and builds a mercenary in Marsielle.

On to the Papacy. @Juan_Raigada

T2 Papacy impulse 4, or Much Ado About Nothing…

<(Papacy)> - This is going to be bad. 50% chances of backfiring

• Papacy plays Leipzig Debate as an event.
    <(Papacy)> - Leipzpig Debate against committed German Debaters (of which there are 2 and Luther is one)
    <(Papacy)> - Eck Attacks
  • Current Protestant debater: Bucer
    <(Papacy)> - Well, Bucer, defends. That was lucky.
  • Current Papal debater: Eck
    <(Papacy)> - so it’s 7 catholic vs 3 protestant. Luther can’t intervene since HIS has been played.
    <(Papacy)> - Catholic rolls
    ** Papacy rolls 7 d6: 4,2,3,4,3,4,5
    <(Papacy)> - Well one hit. Lucky before, unlucky now
    ** Papacy rolls 3 d6: 2,5,2
    <(Papacy)> - and one hit too. It’s a tie
    <(Papacy)> - We go for round 2
  • Current Protestant debater: Zwingli
  • Current Papal debater: Aleander
    <(Papacy)> - Aleander vs Zwingli
    <(Papacy)> - 5 vs 5
    <(Papacy)> - Papacy rolls
    ** Papacy rolls 5 d6: 5,2,6,2,4