Here there be Tower Defense discussion

I did the first after a couple of tries. I got waxed in one try on the second. They’re odd. I think you have to move your towers back and forth a lot to win the first but I don’t remember clearly.

I didn’t realize at first you could move turrets out of the way of his shock attacks. Once I did, yeah.

The rest of the game isn’t simply easy IMO, but the actual gameplay is slightly tedious. I just don’t find moving towers back to speed up reloads that interesting. I rarely need the special abilities of each tower, or the super abilities. Now I usually just turn on high just to get through battles more quickly. With no in-battle upgrades or anything like that, and battles rarely making me shuffle how towers I deployed (I run cannon, mg, sawblade, electric and only once or twice have I shuffled cannons of the same type to one side for a wave). . . mindless is a good way to describe it.

The strategic layer is interesting except for the weird scaling costs and grind.

that’s weird. I’ve never had autobattle tell me I will lose an entire tower. I’ve opened up Britain and part of Italy but haven’t done any auto battles in the latter region yet. I do know that it forces you to take damage, and of course you get a reduced reward. I find myself sometimes doing potentially auto-able battles simply because I’m bored waiting on my next round of income.

Overall, the game is ok. I love the graphical style; the enemies are largely silhouettes with some detail but they’re wonderfully steampunk. The idea that I’m fighting a war by flying around in my steampunk airship and literally firing defensive towers down into the earth to check advancing hordes is terrific. I just wish the gameplay was more engaging.