Here there be Tower Defense discussion

Warstone TD just came out of early access (not sure how you do those links to steam). It is pretty neat. Lots of different game modes including coop & PVP. You place your “towers” (soldiers) on stones, but different maps treat stones differently. Sometime you get stones as drops and can place them where you want.

Here are a couple modes that I’ve done so far (there are others too):

• Traditional fixed placement maps.
  • Maps that allow you to create pathing with stone placement. Not overly complex so far.
  • Maps with two paths, one that you defend and one that you send your soldiers and the opponent is defending. This is also the PVP format.
  • Coop allows two players to defend the same path at the same time.

Additionally, there is this city building/upgrade mechanic. You gain resources by completing maps and quests and then spend those on various upgrades. Warrior (improves your units), Sorcerer (improves your spells) and Treasurer (increases money). I’m not entirely sure about the city building aspect. They throw a lot at you frequently. There is an option to just have the city auto-build, but I haven’t turned that on as I’m still trying to see what they put in here.

There are coop and pvp quests (I assume they are optional). If you pick it up and you want to coop or pvp, I’m happy to help.