Here there be Tower Defense discussion

I’m with you on Darwinia, FWIW.

Are you talking about the Relay? If so, it’s just like the collector node, but the distance between them can be much longer, and they don’t collect energy, just transfer it.

And they’re also much faster than the normal network.

I like building walls in Creeper Wall 3.

Of course that would be for the slow win (as opposed to the nifty shield generators that can leap frog to victory).

It certainly has a lot of content.

$1.50 well spent!

SUPER GAME!!

Wow, this is like a real polished and simplified Yorg.io, which I really adored, but it’s in bite sized missions instead of taking over an entire map.

I like how you have to create mining / energy & then distribute them using a network.

Challenging missions on normal as well.

Great Find! Thanks!

Well that love affair ended quickly when I can’t figure out a strategy for level 9. If you get around it @lordkosc, give me some pointers!

I am on level 3… :D

UPDATE:

Just finished level 8 , had to play it twice, 2nd time changing my research over to repair drones.

And yep, wow is mission 9 a difficulty bump. The ships that fire them ion beams just wrecked me twice now.

I got through level 9 - this youtube helped me.

Tough game - which is welcome actually. So much going on with resource collection & deciding what to build & where to build.

Guys seriously, this is $1.49 right now in the steam sale. Friggen amazing. If you are reading this thread, you have no reason not to buy this.

Note: Finally beat Mission #11. Wow. What a doozy.

But look at this quote from @BrianRubin on the Steam page!

“While this is billed as a real-time strategy game, it’s more akin to tower defense, and as such, I found it rather boring. Tower defense isn’t my thing though, but if it’s yours, you might like it.”

…and I just bought it and played the tutorial missions. Feels like a more abstract Creeper World, which is not a bad thing.

You bought it DESPITE WHAT I SAID?! HOW DARE YOU SIR.

;)

I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

What difficulty level are you guys playing on for phantom signal? It defaulted to “hard”, so I just carried on with that. And, well, it’s hard!

(I’d prefer if I knew where enemies were coming from, so I didn’t have to play, find out, and then restart)

Doesn’t it flash on the mini-map?

Sure, there’s a ping, but it’s a very vague location, and you don’t know the “wave” info etc like you would in other tower defence games.

I’m doing normal for my first playthrough. It’s pretty tough.

I would also recommend doing the survival map every day. I didn’t realize it, but the research points you get on survival is independent of the game’s research points. And survival sucks if you don’t have everything researched. It takes about 5 days of playing to get fully kitted out.

So do survival to get the points.

I came across this today (early access):

Playing Phantom Signal on Normal. Up to mission 5 and it hasn’t been too difficult yet. I am not sold on it, it’s kind of fun, but not very deep and pretty forgiving since you can recycle everything. It got repetitive fast. Build a mine…defend it…slowly expand to the next mine and recycle the old one. Repeat.

Probably worth a $1.50 if you like TD games though.

Wargroove:

Dusty’s Co-op Tower Defense

Someone used a lot of ingenuity to create a TBS Tower Defense Scenario. I think it is unbalanced for what gets thrown at you (need to earn more gold per turn). None the less pretty impressive what the designer was able to do.

IMO it was an underrated aspect of the game. Very much looking forward to 4.

I liked Particle Fleet ok but found it not quite what I was hoping for. And I couldn’t beat the last mission.

Well, considering levels 1-4 are kind of a tutorial, I think the game offers up some challenges on later levels and that pattern doesn’t work very well in some of the scenarios. Level 9 & 11 stood out for me as particularly difficult until I switched my strategy around.

Are you doing this on Hard or ??