Here there be Tower Defense discussion

Yes definitely, it would be a good introduction.

I actually preferred DW over DW2. So, from my perspective, I’d recommend playing the DW first.

What’s the best looking tower defense game then =)

Hmm, that’s not an easy question. I guess Pixel Junk Monsters 2 is kind of pretty? Lots of crazy stuff happens onscreen in Siege of Centauri, the one Stardock just released, but it’s just a bunch of obligatory spaceship things. I guess Orcs Must Die is cute in its own way. Uh, let’s see…I’m really not coming up with much. Tower defense games really aren’t known for their eye candy, are they?

Which is all the more reason for everyone to suck it up and just play Gemcraft!

-Tom

The Van Helsing TD mingame spin off Deathtrap was OK looking at the time. At least compared with some of the budget indies discussed here.

The Kingdom Rush series looks great, and plays great too.

I just noticed that Dungeon Warfare 2 is on sale 50% off…only $7.49 if you act w/in the next 24 hours!

Plants vs Zombies the original Art is cute

Thanks again all

@Brakara I am pretty sure 3 of them games are not tower defense games!

Bah, sorry, wrong fucking thread.

I finally finished all the Dungeon Warfare 2 levels. Something I didn’t think would be useful but turned out to be a lot of fun in the end is the bolo trap. Level it up some and it’s a great complement to the spring trap. Upgrades give it a little more bite in delivering damage too, and it can really slow down the creeps.

I bought the latest Kingdom Rush game: KR: Vengeance.

This time you play as a bad guy! The Dwarves have dug too deep and unleashed you into the world. So now I’m going after the Dwarves first and then pushing into other areas, from the looks of it. Very cool.

One of the things I really enjoyed about Kingdom Rush, then Kingdom Rush: Frontiers and then Kingdom Rush: Origins is that each time they manage to make the same four towers feel very different. You have your barracks, your archery tower, your mage tower and your artillery tower. But in each game, there’s eventually two unique upgrades for each building. So in each game, the archery tower is a little different, the mage tower is a little different. The little super powers you get are a little different (like being able to call down meteors, then lightning in a different game, being able to call down troops that get an early archery upgrade in one game, whereas it’s the last upgrade in another game).

So what I wasn’t expecting in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance is that this time, not only do they have more Heroes for sale (which is how they do micro-transactions in this series), they also have Towers for sale. So you start off with one kind of barracks, mage, archery, artillery tower, but you can buy others. Some are only unlocked through playing the game at certain levels, but about a dozen or so seem to be available for sale in the micro-transaction store.

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand: wow, nice! I love their towers, and I usually have to wait for a sequel to see two new types of towers each. So each game has 8 unique towers. But this game clearly has more than that, so there’s more content here for me to enjoy. But that content looks expensive.

We shall see. I’m tempted by the bundle where I can spend something like $20 and buy all the towers at once. But I’ll resist temptation for now and see where my $5 for buying this game gets me.

You guys might want to try AMazing TD on steam if you are looking from some deep maze building.

Looks like a new Gemcraft:

So, that’s nominally #3, Chasing Shadows is #2 - #1’s not on Steam, right? Was it mobile-only or something?

Flash game.

http://armorgames.com/play/1716/gemcraft

Bah, they said 2019! I was hoping it would be any day now, not a whole month!

Ah, got it. Thanks!

We’re there any mobile versions of Gemcraft?