Heroes of Might and Magic VI!

Or so the foreigners say. Evidently, it was supposed to be announced at Gamescom in Cologne this week, but Hulk Hogan leaked a screenshot.

Woohoo!!! Long live HoMM!!!

Screw bastardized browser based iterations.

Meh. I’m left wondering what they can add to HOMM 6 that HOMM 5 and King’s Bounty don’t already do.

Nooooooooo!

Please don’t make me submit to Ubi’s Digital Rape Monkey :´(

I would love to see a return to the quality of HoMM2. I really loved that game. HoMM5 was…not fun.

Valid point.

Also valid.

Interested but not holding breath here. UbiSoft has done weird things with HOMM license (last year’s puzzle game for Nintendo portable, plus browser game).

Any word whether this will appear on consoles as well? Company has made repeated attempts at console strategy with mixed results. EndWar didn’t seem to work too well; R.U.S.E. seems interesting but still not sold on that either.

That’s a good point. There’s no reason why a turn based strategy game wouldn’t work on console. In fact, Civilization Revolution showed that it can be a really great game. Heck, I’d love to play HoMM2 on the couch on the big TV. It’s already a perfect game for that type of play environment.

I hope the Steam pre-order version comes with an exclusive DLC playable race similar to their Civilization V offer.

Screw you guys. There is no way another HoMM game can be a bad thing or even a non-event. ;)

This one of those serieseseses that I will by the next one just about no matter what. It certainly has changed, but it has not been totally screwed up, IMO.

HOMM3 is still the best.

Gameplay + Campaign design + scenario design? Yes.

Best overall package, including the above plus music, art and overall aesthetics? HoMM2.

More screens here.

I think it looks awesome, like a refined HOMM V. I just hope they don’t get carried away with the streamlining - I can see they’ve apparently reduced the number of resources to just three.

If they actually managed to code a functional AI to go with the pretty package, I’m psyched.

Also, what Rock8man said.

HoMM 5 was my favorite until the day I realized how awful the AI is. HoMM 6 can be the best HoMM of all time, but if I can’t have a satisfying game with the AI (or with some friends vs the AI in a comp stomp) I’m out.

That being said, I’m always up for more HoMM.

Trufax. :) I loved 2 as well, but I really love 3. :)

Agreed on 3. 1 was a lot of fun. 2 was greatness and deserving of praise. 3 was nearly perfect and one of the best games of it’s genre ever. 4 was nothing special, not great, but not bad. 5… well 5 just completely failed to compel me at all. I didn’t even beat the campaign, it just bored me.

Woah. Very cool. They’re dropping the Warcraft 3/World of Warcraft Art-style from HoMM5 and going with a more realistic look. Awesome. I really, really can’t stand the WoW/War3 art style. It’s the main reason I stayed away from Darksiders.

bring back 2d or stfu

That was a mistake.

I’d be more glad if they made a Might & Magic without the Heroes ;)

V had a presentation problem and its core campaign was mostly boring. But beyond that it was fine. The AI was no worse than usual for the series, the balance was pretty good, and there wasn’t anything wrong with the mechanics.
IV, on the other hand, was just broken. The hero mechanics simply undid it as a game.

You might want to check out V with its expansions. It’s not as good as III, but it’s not far off if you can ignore the presentation and core campaign.

Damn, those screens look pretty good.