Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

I’m a little sad, but probably deserved. Actually the other day with Mysterio on Malfurion I stood fighting an enemy team in the middle of lava wave giggling so… Yeah, the ability resist at full souls plus the extra Resist after charging stacking could be occasionally retarded.

Oh look… another warcraft assassin : |

I mean, yeah that sort of gets boring, but at the same time it’s obvious which franchise has the most characters to draw from and the largest fan base by far.

But I get it.

Not sure how I feel about another ranged assassin that’s meant to use health as a resource. We’ll see how he plays though, could be fun.

I’m not familiar with other mobas like dota and lol. Do they also get new heroes every ~3 weeks? They both have just one map right?

Those 2 MOBAs have a large number of champions, so don’t need to release more. DOTA2 has 111, League has 123, HotS has 61 (if I’m adding up the numbers right on the wiki.) So you can release 2 new champs every 3 weeks for the next year and a half.

League released champs every few weeks in its infancy. It’s since remade a large number of them (some multiple times) to balance them or catch their kits up to more recently released champs. Now, any new champ released adds some entirely new mechanics to the game which change up the way the game is played.

I didn’t realize they had so many. Nevertheless, the frequency of updates/patches in hots is one of the things I most like about it.

Tomorrow’s Brawl sounds interesting, and it’s on my favorite BG!

Dream Genie Chromie!

New hero and patch notes!

Say hello to “Armor” for Greymane (Worgen form), “Spell Armor” for Anub’arak, and “Physical Armor” for Arthas. Does “Armor” mean both Spell and Physical?

[quote=“Mysterio, post:1690, topic:73576”]Does “Armor” mean both Spell and Physical?
[/quote]

Confirmed by Blizzard that it does.

It’s like… okay I get it, then that last part comes in:

So they changed the system, but then it still doesn’t have any real internal consistency anyway.

I mean… great? I don’t get it really.

Looks like we’re getting a rogue next. Hoping for a neat combo system.

Sounds interesting! Where’d you read that?

EDIT: Ah! Looks like it’s Valeera Sanguinar.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/819967266066350081

Yeah, it’s been speculated for a while now but that pretty much confirmed it.

All heroes are unlocked from the 13th until the 17th. Time to test-play by brains out :) Got 40k gold burning a hole in my pocket, but haven’t been sure who I want to spend it on.

Sounds awesome.