Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

I’m looking forward to Tuesday!

I’ve not played her much, but Valeera is amazingly fun. Super tight controls and just nails the rogue feel.

I also feel like she can be a huge anti-stealth character. Other stealth characters have to be extremely careful about where they engage or get silenced and get their faces removed.

She’ll definitely be nerfed hard, since her burst is insane.

No more so than Zeratul except her ults are nowhere near as powerful as Void Prison and she’s not nearly as mobile and has no health sustain talents.

The only real exception is of she takes a talent and catches you nowhere near your team. By the time that matters, that should almost never be happening.

Zeratul’s burst doesn’t compare. Plus, when it comes to CC and escape, I’ll take her Cheap Shot and Vanish over his Singularity Spike and Blink.

It really does though. Output wise it is roughly equal and he has far more escape options.

Plus her first day winrate on the hotslogs is literally in the low 40% range. She’s not at all easy to play.

I must have been playing against PTR Valeera players, because they cut down my non-warriors in no time! Unfortunately, most of the Valeera players on my team didn’t have a clue how to play her. It was just one of those days!

Think of it this way.

She’s got 100 energy by default, which is enough to cast 3 Sinister Strikes (dashes short range, 5 sec cooldown) or two Blade Flurries (short range aoe,4 sec cooldown). Her Vanish is an 8 second cooldown which only starts once you are revealed.

By default she generates one combo point per hero hit with an ability, up to 3. Those points only last 30 seconds.

She requires you to manage all that (and more) from melee with very little escape options for every single engagement to try to maximize your damage and live in the process.

I find it very fun, but it is very different than the hit and run style of a Samuro or Zeratul and higher risk in general. If you do it wrong and your target lives you could die for nothing because she cannot chase anyone down.

Valeera is easily the least “fun” hero to play against I’ve ever encountered.

Malfurion’s Scouting Drone talent is more useful than ever!

Time to play nothing but Tassadar.

Welcomed changes to the Rooster Race!

• The Rooster Race event will now always appear whenever any player in the match has not yet completed their quest for the day.
  • Rooster Race duration increased by 3 seconds.
  • Players will now receive a Movement Speed bonus while carrying a Lunar Festival item.
  • The area in which Lunar Festival items will spawn has been reduced across all Battlegrounds.
  • The Rooster will no longer consume Lunar Festival items other than the type specified at the top of the screen.

If he’s as annoying to play against in HotS as he is in Overwatch, God help us.

Very interesting kit. I could see some crazy plays happening with that.

Mrrgrgrlgrl!

And interesting changes to Valeera.

My understanding is that Valeera is primarily a stun bot, so I’m not sure how much it will change that.

Lucio is proving to be interesting. Think I need more time with him before making up my mind. His speed boost + slow combo makes it hard as heck to disengage from a bad fight against his team. Not sure how I feel about his heal, given the emphasis on pick-offs in the current meta. He seems best paired with another support.

Valeera represents a style of gameplay I thought HOTS was moving away from. Easily the hero I’ve most disliked in my years with this game.