Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

Once you’ve played for a good bit the rewards are basically non-existent.

Every major HOTS update is amazing. What do these devs have to do to get greater market share?

If there’s a crate cap that’s still going to be true except now you have no idea what you are going to get.

Doesn’t this just apply to the initial set of crates you receive for all your previous time in HOTS? Going forward there is no cap and the progression is linear (that was my understanding at least).

All I know is what people have said in the thread. I would still rather random loot boxes die in a fire but that would arguably be an improvement if so. Hard to argue proprietary currencies as a benefit though.

The video says “Gone are all level caps… player level now represents levels gained across all heroes … each time one of your heroes goes up a level, so does your player level…every level will net you a loot chest”

The loot crates are random…but you can still create/buy any skin/mount directly without any randomness to it. That’s my understanding at least. Today you have to pay cash for all skins, other than Master skins. Now you can get them for free. I’m failing to see the problem, honestly.

Pretty much. You can still buy stuff, only now you also get free stuff as near as I can tell.

You can definitely buy specific skins with the currency they give you. Now you might not be able to buy them directly with cash unless they’re “featured” is the only rumors I’ve heard of. But they’ll also be giving you currency for free so you can probably get it for nothing. And anytime a hero is released I’m going to assume they’ll be featured, since they always have been.

Did anyone else log in today to find a 2+ day Stimpack added to one’s account? I didn’t receive an alert on login and didn’t see a Blizzard post regarding it.

Might be related to the Heroes of the Dorm that just finished if you had made bracket picks or something. Kind of fuzzy on that.

Yeah, the Heroes of the Dorm bracket rewards were released almost as soon as the finals were over.

This wait for 2.0 is ridiculous. They announced it way too early.

On the positive side, it has given them time to squash bugs and there has been a decent amount of small ones that popped up on the beta from what I’ve heard.

Genji and Overwatch map official.

Love the mechanics on this new BG! But those who have yet to play Overwatch will be at a serious disadvantage. ;-)

And Genji may be the first hero for which I fork over 15k gold. I love playing him in OW.

I like it, but I can almost guarantee nobody in qm will understand the map a year from now just like Towers of Doom.

Wow what a map!

That map is like… too open to me. Also I forsee it being pretty snowbally. I think i already dislike it, but I hate most 2 lane maps, so that’s nothing new.

Mega heroes bundles coming with 2.0 next week.

Each bundle contains 20 Heroes, and has its own unique theme. The best part? We’re giving you enough free gems to unlock the Mega Bundle of your choice once Heroes of the Storm 2.0 goes live in your region after April 25!

*Limited time offer. Mega Bundles will be available following the launch of Heroes of the Storm 2.0 in your region, lasting until May 22, 2017. All players who log in to Heroes of the Storm during that timeframe will automatically receive 100 Gems, which can be used to permanently unlock one (1) Mega Bundle of their choosing. Choose wisely! Once you have unlocked one of the four Mega Bundles described above, the other three will become unavailable.

That’s great mostly for new players, so I support it. As for me, I’ll likely be choosing the Mega Bundle that gives me the most heroes I don’t already own.

(Hey, when did Qt3 adds Likes? Excellent!)

Gameplay with the devs on the upcoming BG featuring Genji!