Heroes of the Storm, formerly Blizzard All-Stars, formerly DOTA

I think I’m going to stream the 2.0 stuff tonight. I haven’t talked a lot about it lately, but I play a lot. One of my best friends (and room mate currently) is a diamond player and we play a bunch of games every night. I think I might see if we can play a few matches, etc.

I will post my blizz ID on here. I play a bit of the game, and would like to check out the 2.0 stuff.

Hey, yeah, if for some reason we aren’t friends just add jason at levitateme dot com

D.Va’s next!

Holy moly, all the free stuff when I logged on!

oooh! I can’t wait to login tonight.

You’re going to be inundated with dozens of chests to open and decisions about which mega-bundle to buy. It’s all a bit confusing at the moment.

I’m still not entirely clear what a “spray” is, but I got a bunch of free mounts and heroes and that’s what matters!

Really impressed with the free loot I got. The veteran chests alone netted be about $50 worth of stuff.

FYI: Nvidia card owners, the latest driver is billed as having improvements specifically for HotS. No idea what’s new, but there you are.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverresults.aspx/117913/

Amazed that they no longer let you buy skins unless they are ‘featured.’ What could their rationale be? The only thing I spend money on in this game is skins, so now I guess I won’t spend any money at all? I’m genuinely confused.

Oh.

Oh no.

I get it now. They want you to buy loot chests. It’s all about gambling now.

Edit: Audacious of them to have turned some of these ho-hum skins like demonic Tyreal into “legendary” skins. And some of the best skins like Scarecrow Xul are just gone altogether. Maybe that’s a seasonal thing now (i.e. Halloween)?

This has always been the case with such skins.

I know, but it seems like it’s the case with a lot more now. The example I gave was the scarecrow, but I felt like there were others as well.

The Winter Veil skins are the ones I most remember.

And the Lunara Festival ones.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining. After opening all my veteran and epic/rare/whatever it’s called chests, I’m pretty sure I got ~$150 worth of stuff. I personally hate this sort of gambling, but they gotta do what they gotta do. For new players the hero packs for 100 gems are incredible deals. I guess there’s also something to be said for the fact that all skins are now attainable without spending money.

All those chests really made me reflect on the amount of time I’ve spent playing this game. The only comparable multiplayer addiction for me was Company of Heroes in the mid-to late 00’s.

to each their own, I find the Demonic Tyreal to be one his best skins.

No more rank 30 for me, now I’m rank 2… which is a better reflection of my skill level anyway.

I’ll need to read the patch notes, but did the gameplay itself change, or just the monetization system?

Nevertheless, it’s a super old skin that used to just be a regular skin. Not even epic iirc. I dunno, maybe I just don’t get it.